Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays US Airways Card/Aviator Red - 50% Bonus Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barclays US Airways Card/Aviator Red - 50% Bonus Miles

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Similar situation here. My CC statement closed earlier this week, and the bonus for that card appeared in my AA account today. The proper amount of the bonus posted 3 times, each with a slightly different description.

I don't mind extra points, per se, but I'd rather Barclays/AA had done it correctly. The fact that they did it incorrectly worries me that they'll go back to fix it and make some different mistake, such as taking away all the bonus points.
You spoke and they heard. I just checked my husband's AA account and they reversed the two extra.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
You spoke and they heard. I just checked my husband's AA account and they reversed the two extra.
Same here. Sadly reduced to 100% of what was owed.
Old Aug 13, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Mines posted the 3x and they reversed all 3x lol.. so I'm out the 1x..
Old Aug 13, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Barclays really screwed this one up

It posted twice but instead of clawing back just one posting they clawed back both
Old Aug 14, 2015, 3:24 am

Just looked at his account again and they took everything now.

Started with 3x ended with nothing!

Let's see what else today brings.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:38 am

Just looked at his account again and they took everything now.

Started with 3x ended with nothing!

Let's see what else today brings.
Good Lord, same here. Was a partial clawback, but now the whole enchilada.

Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
Barclays really screwed this one up
Epically. They'll hear about from AA, too, I suspect. Plenty of people will look at their AA accounts, become puzzled (or worse), and--not realizing that this is Barclays' cluster--call or message AA to complain.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
Anyone bother calling yet? I will probably wait a couple days to see if they can sort this out.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
Anyone bother calling yet? I will probably wait a couple days to see if they can sort this out.
I SMed Barclays, who said in sum, "Hey, we sent over XXX miles. You'll have to sort out any problems with AA. Greenzo OUT!"
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
I received bonus miles also as part of the promo. Just checked and none of them clawed back -- yet.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
Originally Posted by beltway
Good Lord, same here. Was a partial clawback, but now the whole enchilada.

Epically. They'll hear about from AA, too, I suspect. Plenty of people will look at their AA accounts, become puzzled (or worse), and--not realizing that this is Barclays' cluster--call or message AA to complain.
AA says Barclay will be running a corrected batch file tonight, as all my points for this month have been clawed back at this point.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by firemandan9
AA says Barclay will be running a corrected batch file tonight, as all my points for this month have been clawed back at this point.
Yeah they reversed all of yesterdays 4x transactions, yet for some reason the new deposit is only for the bonus miles and not the base miles earned during the most recent statement. Oh Barclays...
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Yeah they reversed all of yesterdays 4x transactions, yet for some reason the new deposit is only for the bonus miles and not the base miles earned during the most recent statement. Oh Barclays...
Bummer. Just checked & they posted the correct amount (spring bonus + August base earnings). I think I'll check on it again tomorrow just to make sure.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by firemandan9
Just checked and they haven't put any back in husband's account.

As of this morning the correct amount is back.

Last edited by YoungBubbie; Aug 16, 2015 at 4:23 am
Old Aug 16, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I don't mind extra points, per se, but I'd rather Barclays/AA had done it correctly. The fact that they did it incorrectly worries me that they'll go back to fix it and make some different mistake, such as taking away all the bonus points.
Sigh. Sometimes I really hate being right about things.

As others have noted, Barclays did spot the error, did reverse the erroneous points, and did reverse the proper points as well.

But yes, they did reverse the incorrect reversal, too, so now it looks like I've got what I should have. Let's hope they stop futzing with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.