Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Barclays US Airways Card/Aviator Red - 50% Bonus Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Barclays US Airways Card/Aviator Red - 50% Bonus Miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA (Gold), Alaska MVP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold,
Pay taxes with this card?

I'm thinking it might make sense to pay my income taxes with this card now that it is offering the bonus. 1.87% fee to do so.

I usually value my AA miles at over 2 cents because I generally use them for transatlantic or Hawaii (and often for business or first class).

Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
The answer is really a simple valuation question, of which only you can answer because everyone values miles differently. If you value them at over 2 cents and you can "buy" them for under 2 cents, then you come out ahead. I can't really comment on your valuation, I have my own valuations which are high because I like (and am willing to pay for) premium cabin travel, I think some people value as low as 1 cent but 2 seems about average.

Based on the information you provided, I think it's a good idea.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:01 am

Delete me

Last edited by Ralf83; Apr 27, 2015 at 11:05 am
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:16 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Ralf83
Anyone else in the same boat?
Everyone. Suggest reading the offer email.

Bonus miles will appear on your statement 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ritz-Carlton Gold, Hyatt Plat, AAdvantage Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Everyone. Suggest reading the offer email.
^ , Yeah, A lot of these type of answers can be parsed out the mailer pretty easily and I posted a screen shot of the online offer in another thread. But to be fair, I did not receive my mailer till a week or two ago, yet I got the offer to register on the portal the day it started and happened to remember the T&Cs.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by TxTrav
I'm thinking it might make sense to pay my income taxes with this card now that it is offering the bonus. 1.87% fee to do so.

I usually value my AA miles at over 2 cents because I generally use them for transatlantic or Hawaii (and often for business or first class).

Any thoughts on whether this is a good idea?
I have paid my taxes with a card the last few years - BUT I always open a new card and use it to meet the minimum spend for the bonus miles! So the price I pay is minimal when compared to 2 round trip flights!
Old Apr 25, 2015, 5:00 am

Did anybody get confirmation that they enrolled in this offer?

The confirmation used to show up in the Barclay card extra section when you log in to your account, it has since been replaced with "Your new AAdvantage Aviator Red Mastercard is coming soon"

Also, is there confirmation that the 50% bonus miles extends to the Aviator cards as well?

Last edited by thepointswhore; Apr 25, 2015 at 1:36 pm
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA UA
Originally Posted by Alfonse
Wife and I both got mailers on this on Friday (snail mail). Wish I had realized earlier, I could have shifted quite a bit of spend earlier this week, but still plan to take Advantage of it. 10k max on the bonus according to mailer.
I got this offer on the welcome email stating it's a targeted offer. However, when logged in with the enclosed link, the offer did not appear. And the offer did not show up on my account page neither. I will call Barclay before I start using this card for major spending.
Old May 17, 2015, 10:39 am

So I didn't think this would happen (because there's explicit language in T&C) , but I actually received a 2x bonus from buying AA points and what appears to be a 50% bonus as well. Did this happen to anyone else?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:51 am

Now that the 50% bonus is over that many were targeted for, how long before we get the bonus miles deposited?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by xSTRIKEx6864
Now that the 50% bonus is over that many were targeted for, how long before we get the bonus miles deposited?
6-8 weeks
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:10 am

Anyone get the bonus yet?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by Tracker09
It has been 9 days.

Bonus miles will appear on your statement 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 6:44 am

tick tock tick tock
Old Jul 10, 2015, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by Tracker09

I got my bonus on the statement that I made the purchases on back in April

AVIATOR MC EVERYDAY PURCHASES 4/10/15 728 0 728

AVIATOR MC AA PURCHASE BONUS 4/10/15 0 728 728

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.