Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Was this a bad idea? (Authorised user isn't real)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jeannietx
I guess I don't see the problem.

I also do not like my given name, and have not used it since I was about 10 years old. Half of my credit cards have the name I use, and the other half have my legal given name.

My drivers license and passport have my given name.

Alex, have I misunderstood your question?
No I've found out it's no problem at all
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All

My German Shepherd has a Citi Amex -no SSN required. She has even received a couple preapproved offers, so I'm assuming she has a credit file out there somewhere.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:09 am
In memoriam

Only a couple?

My neighbor's cats receive at least one a week!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
Only a couple?

My neighbor's cats receive at least one a week!
So this means that I'm going to now get credit card offers specifically under the name Alex. I wonder if that'll result in Alex being an also known as name on my credit report?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
I'm happy with my first name. But I used to find it a bit weird that people I did not know were using my first name, having read it on my credit card - and in some cases adapting it (e.g. "Mikey" for "Michael") which was not to my liking.

So these days my credit cards only show two initials and surname. Don't US card issuers allow that?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: Fairmont, Amex MR, Marriott
I have some name issues too.

I have an assortment of different names on everything from license to credit cards to passport. I have never had an issue with any of it.

But I am in Canada, where the lady at the wicket at the passport office changed the name on my passport.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by alexmt
I don't think you read my post I said I wanted a card under the name I actually use. Not the opposite. Anyway it seems it'll be no problem some people have their cats with Chase lol.
I don't think you read my reply. If your looking for an authorized card with your favorite nickname its easy. I don't really see the need to have it appear on your credit report as Alex. I was telling you it makes no difference whether it's on your report as an authorized user as you can have it removed of you want because your an authorized user it's not your card and it shouldnt even be on a credit report to begin with but it does happen. When you apply for your own primary card you still have to use your full legal name.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
I don't think you read my reply. If your looking for an authorized card with your favorite nickname its easy. I don't really see the need to have it appear on your credit report as Alex. I was telling you it makes no difference whether it's on your report as an authorized user as you can have it removed of you want because your an authorized user it's not your card and it shouldnt even be on a credit report to begin with but it does happen. When you apply for your own primary card you still have to use your full legal name.
I did read it, I guess I misunderstood what you meant.

I'm probably going to legally change my name once I graduate from university, as I'm planning to move to England and the legal name change process is much easier there, though I may wait until I get married, if I end up taking on my future wife's last name, then I only have to change name legally once

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.