Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Applied for US Air MC w/ AF on accident. points possible after cancellation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Hi, I recently did an AoR with my 2nd US Air MC in the mix. Instead of the link found in the corresponding thread in this forum, I accidentally used the one on US Air's homepage where the terms for the 30k miles are:

30,000 Bonus Miles after your first purchase or balance transfer and payment of the $89 annual fee2

I know I am not the only dummy here so if anyone who has made the same mistake could help me, I'd really appreciate it.

Since I have to pay the $89 AF in order to get the points, could I just pay my balance and then close the account, thereby getting a $89 refund and keeping the points?

If so, the only issue I'm concerned about is when the points post and the time frame in which I am eligible for a refund of the AF

It is the first billing cycle by the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.