Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestions for Travel Cards to Add

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Suggestions for Travel Cards to Add

I'm looking to apply for some travel cards to add to my portfolio. I have some payments coming up in the next couple of months so meeting spending requirements on multiple cards shouldn't be an issue. I have good credit and few credit inquiries in the last 12 months.

I'm interested in adding AA/US Airways miles (I will have approximately 200K miles combined when the programs merge), Southwest or Hawaiian Air miles, hotel nights, HHonors points (I currently have 400K so not a priority), and Thank You Points.

Travel Cards I Currently Have:

Amex - Surpass (my main spending card to maintain Diamond status)
Amex - SPG (rarely used since signing bonus)
Barclays - US Airways
Capital One - Venture Card
Chase - Southwest
Chase - 2 Freedom (Ultimate Rewards) Cards
Citi - Hilton Reserve (have free night locked in for 2014)
Citi - Forward (Plus several other TYP Cards)

Former Cards (All cancelled at least a year ago):

Amex - Delta
Chase - British Airways
Chase – United
Chase – Hyatt
Chase - Marriott
Citi – AAdvantage
Citi - Thank You Premier

Cards I will apply for:

Barclays – Hawaiian Airlines (35K offer)
Citi – Aadvantage (50K offer)

So I am looking possibly for another Amex and Chase Card and possibly another Citi Card (reapply for TY Premier for 50K Bonus?) in addition to AAdvantage. I'm not too familiar with Membership Rewards and Ultimate Rewards but I see they can be transferred into hotel/airline miles and points.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated - let me know if you need any more information.

Last edited by BrlDsguise; Jan 10, 2014 at 6:51 am
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:46 pm

Would look into the SW cards if the companion pass is something that could benefit you. A quick google search will get you all the info you need there.

Hard to give suggestions if you don't have a particular goal in mind other than just collecting points.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
I would suggest the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. You can then move your UR points from the Freedom cards into airline or hotel programs, several of which you have already cancelled cards with. It would give you more flexibility.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.