Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2014, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
<removed all expired links> (philemer)

*** Historical information follows: ***

Do not use a Preferred Application (10K Anniversay bonus) if you are not Preferred Elite. The reconsideration csr said as of December 11, 2014 the Preferred numbers are programmed in their computer and non-Preferred are immediately kicked out with no credit check. You cannot apply for any Barclays card for 30 days after rejection.

from the rejection letter I received:
The Dividend Miles number you provided on the application does not currently reflect a Preferred Status within the Dividend Miles program, and unfortunately this offer is only available to Dividend Miles members with Preferred Status. A credit report was not used in making this determination.

Note: If you are an existing cardholder of the older version of this card with a perpetual anniversary bonus, please ask account questions here:
[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Check Application Status

Current offers:
There is a new (as of Dec. 4, 2014) public offer for 50,000 bonus miles after the first purchase, $89 annual fee is not waived:
http://www.worldgotbigger.com/us-airways-credit-card/

There is also an offer for 50k now and 10k at first anniversary, for preferred members only, reported by jrobinson5 in Post 935 - but see that post for the link and that user's difficulties with it.

Older offers that may still work:

50k Offers - There are individually targeted offers circulating for a 50k signup bonus. No one has yet identified a way to apply without actually receiving a personalized code from Barclays in advance.

40k miles after first purchase; $89 annual fee NOT waived [This is the standard public offer]

40k miles after first purchase plus 10k miles at first (and only first) anniversary; $89 annual fee NOT waived [Note: For"Preferred Members Only"; for similar offers, this has been sporadically enforced - see the anniversary miles thread below for historical data]

Alternately, there is a long-running 35,000 mile offer with first year fee waived and 10,000 miles every anniversary:

Fee waived, no spend, US Airways Card, 35K (WIKI) Now dead - However, see that thread for 30k + 10k anniversary offer

(All offers with perpetual anniversary bonus are no longer available)

FAQ's
What will happen to this card when American and US Airways mileage plans are merged ?
The best information we has says that when that happens, Barclays will no longer be able to issue new cards, but your existing card will continue to be serviced by Barclays and become an American Airlines "red" credit card with benefits similar to the Citi AA Platinum card now issued (http://mommypoints.boardingarea.com/...erican-merger/)

Can I churn this card?
Yes

When can I apply for my 2nd/3rd/etc cards?
The general consensus is that you wait 6 months between applications with calling for recon significantly reducing your chances (better to get instant approval). YMMV. Note that in late 2014 there were several successful reports of people applying sooner than 6 months.

Do I have to close already existing accounts before applications for subsequent cards?
No but as always, YMMV

What's the reconsideration line number?
1-866-408-4064. Only open M-F, 8am-5pm Eastern time.
1-866-951-1437, After-hours (24/7)

When do the bonus miles post?
The annual fee will usually be charged in the first billing cycle. So assuming you made another purchase of at least $0.01 during the first billing cycle, the bonus miles will be credited to your account on the second billing cycle. If the AF doesn't post until the 2nd cycle, and you wait til the stmt. appears, your miles will not post until the 3rd cycle.

Key things to note with these new cards:
1. The previous cards waived the first year's annual fee and offered 10k for holding the card another year whereby the annual fee was charged. FTers, however, reported that Barclays did not clawback the 10k bonus after cancelling the card shortly after the AF posted.

2. The new cards' T&Cs this time explicitly state that the bonus will post upon payment of the AF (which is not waived) given that the fee isn't rescinded.

-Does this mean they will clawback the points?
Not enough data to confirm this

-If they don't plan to clawback the miles, how do they enforce the new terms?
They could, in theory, award the bonus after the period in which you could request a refund of the AF expires

Can I make a purchase and pre-pay the $89 AF prior to the first statement posting and receive the bonus miles?
Maybe. As of now, there are at least three data points stating this has been done successfully. Make a purchase of $0.01 $1 or more then use bill pay to make the payment and include the $89 AF (e.g. - a $1 purchase requires a $90 payment). If done correctly, the bonus miles (and the spend miles) will post on your first statement and to US Airways one day after the statement closes.

However, there are at least 2 reports (see #400) of having done the above and the AF did not bill in the first cycle (hence no posting of sign up bonus in that cycle). See the post for a possible explanation.

PLEASE POST if you applied again (FEB-APRIL, 2015), and after approval, ACTUALLY GOT the eligible bonus second time around after your approval and one time spend. That's really what peeps want to know.
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Barclays US Airways CC offers [EXPIRED]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by ScubaAddict
Awesome! Thank you travelinterpreters! Wife and I are PADI Rescue Divers ^

DATAPOINT: DW applied for first USMC 125 days ago. Cancelled 20 days ago (see quoted story below). It was her only Barclays card.

Now (3 weeks later) used referral link to apply for a new card, got pending status, checked the status and "we are unable to offer you a credit card" FICO over 800.

Had her call recon. Recon inquired as to why she cancelled just a few weeks ago, she explained about getting the "letter for the new Aviator card" and was not interested in it, but changed her mind. Got put on hold, then came back and got approved!
That's a good argument Congrats!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by deemkaa
Used your link. You're indeed "the man" as your link work like a charm for SO instant approval. Thanks!
Thank you.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA BA DL JB US
Applied & approved yesterday, but I'm not seeing any of the benefits meant to expire this year (1 $99 companion cert. for up to two guests, First class check-in, Lounge passes) listed under my account on BarclayCard's site. Are these not available for new card holders? What a bummer if so.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:05 am

My Barclays USAir card came in the mail on 3/30 and activated same day. The annual fee posted overnight.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 4:07 am

I am a USAir Dividend Mile and AA AAdvantage virgin. I SM'd Barclays and they gave me the Dividend Miles number. I also plan to open up a Citi AA card around May/June. What do you think is the best strategy. I HATE not being able to log-in to my account. Should I wait for first statement to post to Barclays and then contact AA to create me an account off of my Dividend Miles number? Wait for Barclays to do it for me when they eventually send me an Aviator?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by mallomar
Applied & approved yesterday, but I'm not seeing any of the benefits meant to expire this year (1 $99 companion cert. for up to two guests, First class check-in, Lounge passes) listed under my account on BarclayCard's site. Are these not available for new card holders? What a bummer if so.
They will send you a package with the companion certificate, lounge pass. Unfortunately the first class checkin is no more.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:43 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Are these 50K after approval or first purchase?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by agp423
My links is for after first purchase, I assume most referral links are for 50k after first purchase.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by agp423
after first purchase & $89 fee paid

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Apr 1, 2015 at 8:54 am Reason: removed referral link
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:48 am

After approval, since I applied yesterday and already have a $89 balance

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Apr 1, 2015 at 8:55 am Reason: removed referral link
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by ldfernald
After approval, since I applied yesterday and already have a $89 balance
That's your annual fee, not your 50k miles.

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Apr 1, 2015 at 8:55 am Reason: removed referral link
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by macrophage
That's your annual fee, not your 50k miles.
My bad I was thinking annual fee.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by ldfernald
My bad I was thinking annual fee.
Your points will post in the statement after your first purchase (any amount) AND the annual fee.

Let's say within a month you'll see the points show up.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:01 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Thread cleaned up

We just moved all of the outstanding referral links up to the wiki. Please continue to add links there, instead of posting in the thread.

If a link stops working, edit the wiki and add [ strike ] tags around the entry.

Mobile users: To see the wiki, switch to the desktop version of the site - wikis will not display in the mobile-enhanced version of FT.

Good luck!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 9:26 am

Happy data point:
I just applied and got instant approval using this link: **referral link removed**

Previous US Airways cards:
1) March 2013 (closed March 2014)
2) Nov. 11, 2014 (still open)
3) Apr. 1, 2015 (just opened)

What I did before applying:
I followed advice I'd seen on this thread and called 2 days ago to lower the credit limit on my existing card down to $5,000.

My credit is about 808.
Chase inquiry Nov. 2014
Barclays inquiry Nov. 2014
Citi inquiry Feb. 2015
Mortgage inquiry Feb. 2014

I know it's kind of random with Barclays and frankly didn't expect success, but wanted to share my story in case you're itching to roll the dice.

Last edited by philemer; Apr 1, 2015 at 10:35 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.