Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Personal card:
60,000 mile offer $99 AF (not waived), no FTF, $2000 min. spend: https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...te-mastercard/

60,000-milecard applications (with a pre-filled-in "in-flight-validation code") are also available on Hawaiian Airlines flights.
__________________________________________________ ______________

Business card [updated 3/9/24]
70K Total:

60K miles after $2000 spend + 10K miles after an employee purchase on his/her card; $99 annual fee (not waived), no foreign transaction fees:
https://cards.barclaycardus.com/bank...ss-mastercard/
__________________________________________________ _____________

Redeeming awards on Hawaiian chart
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...-award-flights

Redeeming awards on partner airlines chart
(ANA, Korean, jetBlue, Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Australia)
http://hawaiianair.custhelp.com/app/...rtner-airlines

Recon phone # 866-205-5973

__________________________________________________ ____

Print Wikipost

Hawaiian Airlines (Barclays and B of H banks) Personal/Bus. Card- [Up to 75K]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Flight attendants were hawking a 60k in-flight offer earlier this week. Supposed to be available until some time in June (I missed exact date).
Old Apr 22, 2018, 1:22 pm

The 50,000-mile offer requires a $3,000 minimum spend, however the "50,000 miles for $1,000 spend" offer is still available through the mock-booking process. I was approved via that process today. (See wiki for details.)
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
If have a few interisland trips planned w/HA this card is worth >$600 (six one way trips).
EmailKid likes this.
Old May 2, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Data point FWIW: Started churning this personal card 2 years ago. All applications, including today, via mock booking link for 50,000 mile bonus offer. Got 2 cards in 2016 and 2 cards in 2017, most recent account opened 14 months ago, closed 11 months ago. Applied 6 months ago, declined with no pull, recon call agent told me cannot get approved within 6 months of prior account. Applied today, declined with no pull, recon call agent told me cannot get approved within 2 years of prior account for both this card and (Barclays) American Airlines cards. Another one (essentially) bites the dust!
Old May 2, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Data point FWIW: Started churning this personal card 2 years ago. All applications, including today, via mock booking link for 50,000 mile bonus offer. Got 2 cards in 2016 and 2 cards in 2017, most recent account opened 14 months ago, closed 11 months ago. Applied 6 months ago, declined with no pull, recon call agent told me cannot get approved within 6 months of prior account. Applied today, declined with no pull, recon call agent told me cannot get approved within 2 years of prior account for both this card and (Barclays) American Airlines cards. Another one (essentially) bites the dust!
That is surprising. Thanks for the report.
Old May 3, 2018, 8:41 am

edit: meant to reply to Dr Jabadski

That really sucks. Thanks for the data point.

I've been trying to churn these on a slower two year cycle. I keep the card open for a year and drop at renewal. I'm really curious whether it's two years from opening the account or two years from having the account. Either way, I'll have to wait.

Last edited by alvinroast; May 3, 2018 at 8:42 am Reason: missing quote
Old May 3, 2018, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
recon call agent told me cannot get approved within 2 years of prior account for...this card
I opened one HA card 3/18/17, closed it maybe 6 mos. later, then applied again and was approved for a new HA card 4/22/18. Both applications were via mock bookings.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 7:06 am

Changes to the Hawaiian Airlines Mastercard benefits were announced.

It is all part of Hawaiian's new 3, 2, 1 campaign.
You get three miles when you buy a ticket on Hawaiian Airlines with the card, two miles for dining, groceries and gas, and one mile for everything else.
Along with the extra miles, comes an extra cost so the annual fee is going up $10, and Hawaiian is getting rid of the anniversary bonus.

https://www.khon2.com/news/local-new...ost/1292912319
Old Jul 10, 2018, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The new personal card also has a 50K mile bonus. https://thepointsguy.com/news/hawaii...-credit-cards/

Available 7/11/18.

Last edited by philemer; Jul 10, 2018 at 8:16 am
Old Jul 10, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by alohajoe
and Hawaiian is getting rid of the anniversary bonus.
From the press release:
Earn a $100 flight discount off one coach companion ticket after each credit card account anniversary, valid for round-trip coach travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines
Not sure if that's different than the anniversary bonus they had before. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300678226.html
Old Jul 14, 2018, 1:51 pm

Multiple Barclays business cards in one day?
Will Barclays approve *multiple* business credit card applications in a single day?

Have you ever been approved for multiple Barclays business cards in the same day?

Also: Anybody know Barclays’ limit on total credit from Barclays cards (both personal and business) — either the (1) absolute limit and (2) as a % of income?

Finally, have you ever reduced your credit limit on a brand new card /before/ receiving the new card in the mail /or/ creating an online profile for the card?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
The new personal card also has a 50K mile bonus.
That is after $3,000 in spending (if you apply "the normal way").

Going the mock-booking route (which is still an option; see wiki), the required spend is only $1,000.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by muji
That is after $3,000 in spending (if you apply "the normal way").

Going the mock-booking route (which is still an option; see wiki), the required spend is only $1,000.
Good reminder.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Got approval today for the Barclay HA Biz CC. Applied online and got a Pending status. That was on 8/9/18. Called today to inquire of the status of my app. Learned it had been declined bec Barclay thought they had extended enough credit to me already on the other 4-5 cards I have with them. The reconsideration department rep approved me after we moved some credit around and I should receive the new card in about a week. Happy me......50K miles after first purchase. AF not waived.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Reconsideration: approach and phone number?

Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer
Got approval today for the Barclay HA Biz CC. Applied online and got a Pending status. That was on 8/9/18. Called today to inquire of the status of my app. Learned it had been declined bec Barclay thought they had extended enough credit to me already on the other 4-5 cards I have with them. The reconsideration department rep approved me after we moved some credit around and I should receive the new card in about a week. Happy me......50K miles after first purchase. AF not waived.
This post possibly answers my first question, but I'll ask just in case: Both my wife and I were recently turned down for the business card, with letters saying Barlcays is unable to approve us because "Sufficient credit is available on your account issued by Barclays" etc.

So should we simply call the reconsideration line to move around our Barclays credit? And if so, what is the phone number?

Thanks for any help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.