Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Churning on Weekends?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Churning on Weekends?

Do weekend AORs work as well?

I've been churning for 5 or 6 years now. I've done all my Apps Monday thru Friday , during normal business hours. I thought this might improve my chances of having the "A Team" consider my application. I know it sounds silly.
I also wash my hands 3 times before starting the AOR. Just joking about the hands.

I seem to have more free time on the weekends, but am reluctant to change my pattern. Do you find weekend Apps just as effective?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
Originally Posted by beachmiles

I also wash my hands 3 times before starting the AOR. Just joking about the hands.

I seem to have more free time on the weekends, but am reluctant to change my pattern. Do you find weekend Apps just as effective?
Remember, it is only silly if it doesn't work ...
Old Oct 24, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: AA Gold, US Silver, Starwood Gold, Starbucks Gold
I prefer during the day, and the workday in general. I think this opens up the secure chats after a pending decision, and allows for a quick call to recon (rather than waiting for Monday..).
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I generally do all my apps on nights and weekends. Have only been declined due to already having the product (Citi AA, Barclays US Airways; even after calling during the "A team" hours).
Old Oct 24, 2013, 10:39 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by beachmiles
I've done all my Apps Monday thru Friday , during normal business hours. I thought this might improve my chances of having the "A Team" consider my application.
Same here; usually aim for mid-week in the morning. No data to support this superstition, tho.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:45 pm

Until yesterday, my aor's had all been done very early in the morning (5:30 am) or on weekends. Though I was never denied (I have a current portfolio of 25 cards), I always had at least one or two cards that may have taken a day or two for approval. I just did my first aor on a business day after 8 am, and for the first time got all my approvals within about 20 minutes (4 for 4). My app for BOA VA was denied outright, but an immediate 5 minute phone call got me approved. My Chase Ink and Chase BA were pending, but again with a 5 minute phone call on each, I got them approved.

In the interest of nearly instant gratification, I will be doing all my future AORs after 8 am M-F.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 2:33 pm

I've done my AORs both ways. They both work fine. The only difference is that if you apply over the weekend and don't get instant approval, you have to wait to call in for recon.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond, HHonors: Diamond, SPG: Gold
I've usually done mine in the evenings, but never kept track of the day. Never had any problems - if I haven't received instant approval I usually call the next available day. Granted my wife and I have only been in the game for 2 years, but we've done 40+ apps at this point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.