Annual Fee Calendar

Old Oct 17, 13, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Annual Fee Calendar

Is there an easy way to check to see when the annual fee accrues w/r/t a specific card for Citi, BofA, Barclays, and Chase? I've seen the watchdog program, but that has you enter the information yourself. I was wondering if there was either something on line with each bank or some kind of program (like AwardWallet's points expiration tool).

Thanks.
Old Oct 17, 13, 12:25 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread transferred to Credit Card Programs because the topic is of general interest and not specific to manufactured spending.
Old Oct 17, 13, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
On my cards, the annual fee accrues around the anniversary of the card opening. So it is different for each card. For example, Citi does not assess all annual fees on January 1, or some arbitrary date like that. Since the date is unique to each card, I don't know of any short cut.

To find out the date on each card when the fee will be assessed, just send each bank a secure message and ask them. "When will the annual fee be charged for this card? Thank you."

You will have to enter in the data for yourself whether you choose an Excel spreadsheet or watchdog to manage your cards.
Old Oct 17, 13, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
On my cards, the annual fee accrues around the anniversary of the card opening. So it is different for each card. For example, Citi does not assess all annual fees on January 1, or some arbitrary date like that. Since the date is unique to each card, I don't know of any short cut.

To find out the date on each card when the fee will be assessed, just send each bank a secure message and ask them. "When will the annual fee be charged for this card? Thank you."

You will have to enter in the data for yourself whether you choose an Excel spreadsheet or watchdog to manage your cards.
Thanks and thanks for the moderator action.
Old Oct 18, 13, 9:06 am
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator: American Express, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
... annual fee accrues around the anniversary of the card opening.
The card expiration date is usually tied to the anniversary month, which means you can look at the card to see approximately when the fee will be billed. Hover, this trick fails if the issuer changes the expiration month when replacing a lost, stolen, compromised or damaged card.
Old Oct 19, 13, 7:42 pm

also, make it easier for yourself. create a spread sheet to track things related to your credit cards including anniversary months. you can always message the company to see when your fee is due.
Old Oct 20, 13, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia View Post
The card expiration date is usually tied to the anniversary month, which means you can look at the card to see approximately when the fee will be billed. Hover, this trick fails if the issuer changes the expiration month when replacing a lost, stolen, compromised or damaged card.
Thanks - good idea.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: