Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to see credit pull?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2013, 9:27 am
Original Poster

How to see credit pull?

I have credit karma and credit sesame to monitor my score, but is there a (preferably free) way to see where an actual hard pull is listed? My husband and I each applied for a Citi AA card last month, and he also applied for a US Bank card. We've had other inquiries over the last few years.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Gold, US Silver, Starwood Gold, Starbucks Gold
You can download a free credit report once a year from each of the credit bureaus at www.annualcreditreport.com
Old Sep 6, 2013, 9:40 am

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

I believe you can get 1 free credit report from each agency per year. You can stagger a report every 4 months from a different agency so you can see the whole year. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by JWEMTX
https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

I believe you can get 1 free credit report from each agency per year. You can stagger a report every 4 months from a different agency so you can see the whole year. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
This is correct..1 per agency, just stagger it to get one every 4 months and you see it year-round. Off-course - no score, just report.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by BADELAYS
This is correct..1 per agency, just stagger it to get one every 4 months and you see it year-round. Off-course - no score, just report.
Correct. This is how my wife and I do it every year. We have never paid for the credit score though as using Karma and other free sites give us a score that is inaccurate but just to use as a guide to see if dramatic drops.
I would only pay for a score if I needed to get a big loan or something and needed an accurate up to date situation.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 2:47 pm

Of course, most banks (except Capital One) only pull one credit bureau for credit card applications, so you may or may not see the most recent inquiries if you stagger the reports.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

thanks

thanks so much!!! I'll get the free reports.
Old Sep 7, 2013, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by aarif1
Of course, most banks (except Capital One) only pull one credit bureau for credit card applications, so you may or may not see the most recent inquiries if you stagger the reports.
CITI always pulls 2 bureaus for me.

You can get a free 30 days of Identity Guard reports from Costco and maybe other sites. Just cancel w/in 30 days and then sign up again 90 days later. They will show you who is pulling your credit.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:55 am

Okay, so I went and pulled one for Experian from annualcreditreport. So where do I see my credit score? I do I have to pay for that? It does show my accounts/inquiries, but just not seeing my credit score?

Never mind, I see there is no mandate to get your credit score.

Is there any accurate place to get a free credit score? Anyone try this place?

https://www.credit.com/free-credit-score/signup-easy/

Last edited by beltline; Sep 9, 2013 at 12:05 pm
Old Sep 9, 2013, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by beltline
Okay, so I went and pulled one for Experian from annualcreditreport. So where do I see my credit score? I do I have to pay for that? It does show my accounts/inquiries, but just not seeing my credit score?

Never mind, I see there is no mandate to get your credit score.

Is there any accurate place to get a free credit score? Anyone try this place?

https://www.credit.com/free-credit-score/signup-easy/
Doesn't matter. None of the offer true FICO other than buying from FICO. Even then, there are variations to FICO. Some lenders use different version of FICO score than the others.

If you really want, you can get WM/WM Discover store card. They offer monthly FICO scoring for EX. And, somebody else does...was it USAA? Can't remember.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by vagrants
Doesn't matter. None of the offer true FICO other than buying from FICO. Even then, there are variations to FICO. Some lenders use different version of FICO score than the others.

If you really want, you can get WM/WM Discover store card. They offer monthly FICO scoring for EX. And, somebody else does...was it USAA? Can't remember.

USAA charges $5.95/month for Experian only and $12.95/month for all three (1 score and 1 report per month)

I did remember that Romsdeals had a blog about getting your FICO http://romsdeals.com/2013/08/16/chec...-see-mine-too/
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by JWEMTX
USAA charges $5.95/month for Experian only and $12.95/month for all three (1 score and 1 report per month)

I did remember that Romsdeals had a blog about getting your FICO http://romsdeals.com/2013/08/16/chec...-see-mine-too/
Thanks! I didn't mean for paid services. Like just by having an account with them, you get FICO score. Something about CU in Pennsylvania and Navy something CU I vaguely remember. Trifecta of FICO...don't know if it's still valid.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:28 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll check out myFico but will probably wait until closer to my next churn before pulling it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.