Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2014, 5:52 pm

I had the same experience. Only those transactions posted on the expiration date got bonus.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 1:28 pm

Anyone using a Bluebird? It'd be easier for me than opening a checking account with WF.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by cb11
Anyone using a Bluebird? It'd be easier for me than opening a checking account with WF.
It works great until you hit your 5k max. Unless you have like 10 or more bluebirds your limited.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nkp46
I just checked my 5X window, and it ends on 9/15 (Monday).

will my spending on 9/15 still earn 5X?
or to be safe, last purchase should be made on 9/12 (Fri) or 9/13(Sat), which will be posted on 9/15 (Monday)?

thank you!
Thanks for asking! And the person that answered. I was coming to the board to look specifically for this question and it just so happened to be the first since I last read this thread. (Perfect timing). Mine too expires on 9/15 :-(
Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
For my first time doing the promotion, I got credit for purchases that were made on the last day. That's the way it should work.
So now I am confused. Two separate stories. Anyone else have experience here? It would be great if I can do my last spending through the weekend (last day Monday)
Old Sep 8, 2014, 1:29 pm

Whoever developed the fraud alert system of WF credit cards must not be too bright! The same amount at the same store went through as a breeze for the first three months now set of the alarm twice already in a span of 10 days.

Seems some people ran into similar issues as well.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA HH Gold SPG Gold BA
Any successful churnabilty data points? I had the WF rewards card, for reference
PM's welcome if you have info you don't want to share publicly
Old Sep 8, 2014, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by usalibido
Whoever developed the fraud alert system of WF credit cards must not be too bright! The same amount at the same store went through as a breeze for the first three months now set of the alarm twice already in a span of 10 days.

Seems some people ran into similar issues as well.
+1
This kind of stuff is common place for wells Fargo
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:18 pm

My statement get closed and I was able to use half of my credit with great difficulty. I don't know it is fraud alert or not. I think WF makes it very difficult to use the card. I have to verify with ten different people about one transaction. Then someone from WF call me to verify that I am completely satisfied with their credit card.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
So now I am confused. Two separate stories. Anyone else have experience here? It would be great if I can do my last spending through the weekend (last day Monday)
My promotion ended a week ago. I got the 5x back on the purchases I made the day before the last day, but not on the purchases made on the last day. All posted on the same day, but three days later than the promotion expiration date, on the WF reward website. So I would advise you not expect the extra bonus on the last day purchases. It seems YMMV.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by romeogg
My promotion ended a week ago. I got the 5x back on the purchases I made the day before the last day, but not on the purchases made on the last day. All posted on the same day, but three days later than the promotion expiration date, on the WF reward website. So I would advise you not expect the extra bonus on the last day purchases. It seems YMMV.
Thanks.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:48 pm

Any real differences between the Visa Signature and cash back Visa signature in terms of ease of use dealing with WF when cycling your limit? Opened a checking account with the intent of getting one of the cards next month and running it into the ground for 6 months.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by sound48
Any real differences between the Visa Signature and cash back Visa signature in terms of ease of use dealing with WF when cycling your limit? Opened a checking account with the intent of getting one of the cards next month and running it into the ground for 6 months.
Given how picky Wells Fargo fraud prevention systems can be, I wish you luck
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:57 pm

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

But is there any real difference between the two, or just pick one and it should be the same amount of hoops to jump through with WF fraud prevention?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:54 am
Suspended

How do you fund your wf checking? Mo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.