Last edit by: muji
Churnable to get repeated 5x rewards?

Not possible
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22871522-post710.html

Update April 16, 2016: Still Not Churnable
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...l#post26511091
__________________________________________________ _____________

How to pay down CL quickly?
ACH push from other banks to wells fargo checking and then use that to pay credit card

Likely to get shut down if...?
- Have a negative balance
- Have a really high balance
- Cycling several times through your CL
- Calling in and getting caught by human eyes for suspicious activities.

To check what your 5X/5% window is:
In the rewards account, go to My Rewards -> Account Activity and the days left on the promo will show up at the top....looks like a pie chart.

To check which transactions get 5X/5% before your statement posts
Now, to check if new transactions are eligible for 5X before statement closes, go to "My Rewards" on the top and click "Activity" and set the start/end dates. You should see a "bonus earning" for 4% extra cash back for anything that's eligible.

Caps on 5x / 5%??
There are no more caps.

What to do when transaction not going through due to FA?
Human @ fraud prevention line is 877-575-0462 (to verify charges if locked out) (Update 3-3-15 - Phone number no longer in service per this post)
Automated response number was 800-446-0664
Print Wikipost

Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2014, 12:43 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by cdancer20
A lot of us have the "Platinum" card. You're issue could be either A)You didn't qualify for the card with 5x (didn't know there were levels though) or B) You didn't get the benefits b/c you had a Wells Fargo card before.
Just got my card in the mail and it's a Plat. I'm still earning 5x on the bonus categories, correct? I will run out a few charges on it later today and then check, but wanted to confirm that Plat does not necessarily mean no 5x. Thanks.

xlax
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by xlax
Just got my card in the mail and it's a Plat. I'm still earning 5x on the bonus categories, correct? I will run out a few charges on it later today and then check, but wanted to confirm that Plat does not necessarily mean no 5x. Thanks.

xlax
My Plat card did not come loaded with the 5x offer. Perhaps you will get luckier
Old Jul 6, 2014, 2:20 pm

xlax
Old Jul 6, 2014, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by toxicity
I did that and poked around for a bit but couldn't figure anything out. I also tried the method in the Wiki but my two purchases have not yet posted.
Old Jul 6, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum

xlax
Originally Posted by fetchercity
My Plat card did not come loaded with the 5x offer. Perhaps you will get luckier
As I stated just a couple of pages back, many of us on this thread have Platinum cards. As long as you have not had any other WF's card (just to be 100% sure), you should be fine.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:30 am

As I stated just a couple of pages back, many of us on this thread have Platinum cards. As long as you have not had any other WF's card (just to be 100% sure), you should be fine.
Thanks. That's how I interpreted your post, but wanted to confirm.

How long does it take before I can check to see if I'm getting 5x for various purchases as explained in the Wiki?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Thanks. That's how I interpreted your post, but wanted to confirm.

How long does it take before I can check to see if I'm getting 5x for various purchases as explained in the Wiki?
As soon as the charge posts to your acct. It won't show you the cashback amount but it will show:
Base Earning XXXX 7/3/2014 WM SUPERCENTER #XXXXX - XXXXXXX - XX $2.50 3 Pending
Bonus Earning XXXX 7/3/2014 5X Cash Back for Gas, Grocery & Drug Store for 6 Months $2.50 10 Pending
Old Jul 9, 2014, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by rgAAFT
Best way to avoid this is to ask for a CLI. (use the over payment warning as reasoning for needing one) I was in a similar situation and then asked for large enough CL so that I wouldn't need to over pay ..
Never had any issues (except frequent fraud alerts) for the remainder of my promo period
I did survive another warning from them.
I am just not so sure that it's worth the hard pull. I guess it probably is but I only have a month left for the promo.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:55 pm

As soon as the charge posts to your acct. It won't show you the cashback amount but it will show:
Base Earning XXXX 7/3/2014 WM SUPERCENTER #XXXXX - XXXXXXX - XX $2.50 3 Pending
Bonus Earning XXXX 7/3/2014 5X Cash Back for Gas, Grocery & Drug Store for 6 Months $2.50 10 Pending
Great. Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 9:41 pm

which grocery stores qualify for the 5%?

I tested at Stopshop & pathmark, and both are counted as 5% stores.
we also have A&P and ACME nearby as supermarkets. Has any one tried in these stores and got 5%?

Thank you
Old Jul 10, 2014, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by ziwei
I tested at Stopshop & pathmark, and both are counted as 5% stores.
we also have A&P and ACME nearby as supermarkets. Has any one tried in these stores and got 5%?

Thank you
A&P does.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by yoyo
A&P does.
Thank you so much!
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:00 am

Confirmed - 2nd account is getting 5X

I posted earlier about getting a second Wells Fargo CC. My first grocery transaction has just hit the Pending Activity on the rewards site and its showing all 3 lines (regular 1X, 20K bonus and 4X)

To clarify, I previously had a "regular" Wells Fargo CC that I closed in 2009, not a 5X card.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by hokiegl
I posted earlier about getting a second Wells Fargo CC. My first grocery transaction has just hit the Pending Activity on the rewards site and its showing all 3 lines (regular 1X, 20K bonus and 4X)

To clarify, I previously had a "regular" Wells Fargo CC that I closed in 2009, not a 5X card.
Where'd you come across the 20k bonus?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by nrdk
Where'd you come across the 20k bonus?
It is targeted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.