Search

Need a little hlep deciding on a card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1mm
Need a little hlep deciding on a card

Hello All,

Reaching out for a little friendly help. My fiance and I are looking to get a card that we can put our mutual spending on....things like groceries, eating out, entertainment, anything we do together, joint purchases, etc.

We both have our own cards individually that we use primarily and go back and split out all of our joint purchases but it is getting to be a pain and is time consuming. I have the TY premier, she has Hilton Honors. We have both done some light churns with the AA Citicards and Marriott Rewards but in no way are we looking to become card churners.

Looking for some friendly advice as to what card we should possibly look into getting. I still have a ton of airline miles, she has a ton of hotel points, and our travel plans are bleak in the near future due to work, school, life etc.

Is a cash back reward our best bet at the moment? Currently put about $1000 a month on joint expenditures if that helps out also so its not a ton. Both late 20's, pay in full every month and will probably want to keep it in the future even after we get married.

Again thanks in advance. I've been all over the forum looking for different type of cards to get for this situation and it's driving me nuts!

Last edited by Tako; Aug 6, 2013 at 11:23 am
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
Get barclays arrival. Best card for everything as no other card give 2.2% CB. You can redeem for 2.2% for any travel related expense
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:19 am

Cash is always useful.
What are your main categories for spending? Chase Freedom is a pretty good cash card, but others may be better such as AMEX Blue Cash.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.