Wiki Posts
Search

Buying Appliance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2013, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, IHG
Buying Appliance

So I tried the search forum and does not seem to show any info. So I'm currently going to be spend about 1200-1600 on few new appliance. Other than Chase Ink at OD, any ways to earn extra points??
Old Jul 18, 2013, 1:28 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread moved to Credit Card Programs because earning bonus points for major purchases is a general interest topic, not manufactured spending.

We recently replaced our kitchen range, ordered through Sears on the Ultimate Rewards Mall. Several problems with Sears , but no problem with the appliance, and all of the points posted ^ .
Old Jul 18, 2013, 1:44 pm

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Originally Posted by Shuai Zeng
So I tried the search forum and does not seem to show any info. So I'm currently going to be spend about 1200-1600 on few new appliance. Other than Chase Ink at OD, any ways to earn extra points??
Buy the appliances online and go through a shopping portal?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:13 pm

Buy $500 Sears Gift Cards at Staples for 5X with ink, then go through shopping portal.

Chase has 3x points through portal, so use the Sears GC's you just bought to get 8X points total...at least thats what I would try.

Just call Sears and find out how many Sears GC's you can use in a single transaction.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 3:03 pm

My personal favorite way to buy appliances is at lowes:

1. Get a lowe's 10% off coupon
2. Purchase discount coupons (via gift card granny etc.)
3. Go through a shopping portal (evreward.com to search for the best one)

Click through the shopping portal, buy with discount giftcards using the 10% off coupon - this stacks with any sale they have.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:12 pm

Three weeks ago I did something similar for an appliance... Went to Staples, bought Lowes GCs w/Ink. Then purchased online at lowes.com via UR Mall, and used GCs for 75% of the payment. UR Mall only credited for the 25% of the purchase -- not the whole transaction. YMMV.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, IHG
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal
Three weeks ago I did something similar for an appliance... Went to Staples, bought Lowes GCs w/Ink. Then purchased online at lowes.com via UR Mall, and used GCs for 75% of the payment. UR Mall only credited for the 25% of the purchase -- not the whole transaction. YMMV.
did your miles post?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 1:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
I would only buy appliances with AMEX to get warranty extension.

It's worth foregoing the miles, unless you have separate insurance.

FWIW worked on a case where dryer from sears burned down someones home, sears refused liability because they sub-contracted out delivery, and no recourse other than home insurance (they were grossly under-insured). Visa would only cover dryer up to $250.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.