FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Barclays (USA) Lufthansa MasterCard - Revived - 50K after $5K spend (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1463793-barclays-usa-lufthansa-mastercard-revived-50k-after-5k-spend.html)

houstonhusker May 16, 2013 2:56 pm

For those of you who applied and were approved...have your received your card yet? It's been over a week and I still haven't received mine. Any data points people would like to share?

gv111 May 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by houstonhusker (Post 20762774)
For those of you who applied and were approved...have your received your card yet? It's been over a week and I still haven't received mine. Any data points people would like to share?

I got it within a week or so.

Kacee May 16, 2013 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by houstonhusker (Post 20762774)

My Miles and More program card got here first, and that was mailed from Germany.

iqbalt80 May 20, 2013 1:11 pm

Did a mini AOR which included the Lufthansa card.
Already have 2 cards from barclay (Both US Air).
Declined that I have too many recent new cards.. Called twice but no avail..
So any expert advice..keep on doing HUCA?

eknock007 May 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 (Post 20782228)

How many was too many and over what period of time.

iqbalt80 May 20, 2013 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by eknock007 (Post 20782674)
How many was too many and over what period of time.

3 recent accounts. Opened them in Feb.
They were also concerned about the accounts opened 12 months ago.
Called 3 times.. same response.. Oh well.. Citi/Chase/Amex like me better lol.

If you want to include all the accounts opened in the last 12 months.. then we are talking about 10-12 accounts.

gv111 May 20, 2013 4:24 pm

Can anybody pls advise when does the 30 K bonus miles (for meeting $5 K spend) will post if the spend requirement is met in the first statement itself?

MightyTravels May 21, 2013 3:04 am

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 (Post 20782228)
Did a mini AOR which included the Lufthansa card.
Already have 2 cards from barclay (Both US Air).
So any expert advice..keep on doing HUCA?

I'd be careful with Barclays. There are reports from people getting their old accounts closed after being too pushy in recon. Maybe better to let this one go?

AirD0c May 21, 2013 4:37 am

UA flight award

I booked 2 seats JFK - SFO on UA for 35k miles each. LH lady said only 2 classes were available, economy or business. My goal was to use these miles to fly business first so I picked business. Got my UA confirmation code and looked up the seat map which shows 3 cabin, and I only have access to the business section. Now, I believe after June 6 all these planes are reconfigured to 2 cabin with business first lie flat seats, right? So is it safe to assume the seat map will change several months down the line and our seats will be lie flats in the 28 seat BF cabin?

iqbalt80 May 21, 2013 8:36 am

Originally Posted by MightyTravels (Post 20785632)
I'd be careful with Barclays. There are reports from people getting their old accounts closed after being too pushy in recon. Maybe better to let this one go?

Yeah I am done with Barclays.. Will see to them next year if they have any good cards at that time...

arcticbull May 21, 2013 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by AirD0c (Post 20785808)
I booked 2 seats JFK - SFO on UA for 35k miles each. LH lady said only 2 classes were available, economy or business. My goal was to use these miles to fly business first so I picked business. Got my UA confirmation code and looked up the seat map which shows 3 cabin, and I only have access to the business section. Now, I believe after June 6 all these planes are reconfigured to 2 cabin with business first lie flat seats, right? So is it safe to assume the seat map will change several months down the line and our seats will be lie flats in the 28 seat BF cabin?

UA is now selling their old 3-cabin flights as 2-cabin, since you're re-configuring towards a 2-cabin layout. Elites can pick seats in the old First section, then, if I recall correctly, everyone in Business can at check-in. Check in with the folks in the UA forum.

gv111 May 22, 2013 8:31 am

Originally Posted by gv111 (Post 20783370)
Can anybody pls advise when does the 30 K bonus miles (for meeting $5 K spend) will post if the spend requirement is met in the first statement itself?

Anybody pls ..

EWRfflyer May 23, 2013 1:07 pm

WEIRD

I just completed my 5k spend on my new M&M card. And today I see 24,406 miles in my M&M account. Does any one know if they are awarding the 50k sign up bonus miles in pieces? I have a new M&M account with no other activity but the new Barclay card.

gv111 May 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by EWRfflyer (Post 20799953)
I just completed my 5k spend on my new M&M card. And today I see 24,406 miles in my M&M account. Does any one know if they are awarding the 50k sign up bonus miles in pieces? I have a new M&M account with no other activity but the new Barclay card.

It seems like the full $5,000 spend didn't post to your credit card account in time.

KennyBSAT May 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by gv111 (Post 20792280)
Anybody pls ..

Based on the way bonuses post from multiple other Barclays product, They will post from Barclays end 1-2 days after the statement posts in which the spending requirement was met. But I don't know if there is a delay on M&M's end.