Wiki Posts
Search

Wondering if this is possible?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Wondering if this is possible?

Hi,

I am having 2 Citi AA cards (Visa + Amex) which have annual fees due in 1 week. I am wondering if I can apply for AA Biz Card Application and get it approved by transferring credit lines from personal cards like AA cards to AA Biz Card. Is this possible if Citi allows transferring credit lines from personal accounts to biz account? The reason I am asking for this is because I have no option to downgrade these 2 AA cards. Thanks for your help and inputs.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
What do you mean you have no option to downgrade them? You can always try and get a fee waiver, or something from Citi to lessen to blow of the AF.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

I would like to downgrade them to non-annual fee cards. They said I do not have that option. Not even trying to get retention bonus since I will be travelling out of country this weekend until the rest of the month. So my hope is to get a new card like AA Biz for example by tomorrow. Thanks
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:20 am

Programs: AA Citi Visa and Amex, Citi AA Biz, SPG, Amex Green, Zync, Discover It (Starbucks Gold) HHonors Gold
You might be able to get approved for the Biz card based on your relationship with Citi (Amex and Visa) however it is not possible to transfer your CL. It is my understanding that you can downgrade the Visa to the Bronze, No AF 1 mile for every $2 spend.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:10 am
Original Poster

The Bronze version is not available for downgrade. Called at least several reps. If not possible to transfer CL to AA Biz, so my choices are only down to Hilton cards. I do not know if any other citi cards with good bonus.

Edit: One rep said that I can not even move credit lines between Citi personal cards. Is this something new?

Last edited by nature1370; Mar 22, 2013 at 1:16 am
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: AA:1MM
Originally Posted by nature1370
The Bronze version is not available for downgrade. Called at least several reps. If not possible to transfer CL to AA Biz, so my choices are only down to Hilton cards. I do not know if any other citi cards with good bonus.

Edit: One rep said that I can not even move credit lines between Citi personal cards. Is this something new?
Hasn't been possible to rotate among citi credit lines for personal for quite some time except under a few rare exceptions in terms of opening new cards.

try talking to retentions about the downgrade ... you might be talking to agents who cannot do it.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by virmaior
Hasn't been possible to rotate among citi credit lines for personal for quite some time except under a few rare exceptions in terms of opening new cards.
This is not true. I've done it twice since the start of the new year.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, SPG gold, PC Plat, CC gold
Try calling the retention dept. and get a credit for the annual fee. See this thread for details.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ight=retention

Also you can cancel one of the 2 cards, wait couple of days and apply for the business card. Banks look at the whole credit line across personal and business accounts. Once one card is canceled that credit line becomes available and you don't have to worry about bumping against the total credit line when you apply for the business card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.