Community
Wiki Posts
Search

credit card cardholder retention bonuses

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2013, 2:15 am
Original Poster

credit card cardholder retention bonuses

is there a FT thread on such a topic? one that lists what the retention group is willing to offer for a cardholder to continue using the card instead of cancelling the card (for whatever reason e.g. unjustifiable annual fee, etc)...

e.g. the retention manager offered her 5,000 ThankYou points (or something similar since i dont remember the exact number) if she spent $1,000 in the next month.

these retention bonuses are better than some sign-up bonuses and don't result in a hard credit pull.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
A simple forum search for "retention" yields these results:

Chase

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ion-bonus.html

Citi

American Express
Old Mar 9, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate

these retention bonuses are better than some sign-up bonuses and don't result in a hard credit pull.
I've never seen that. Usually you're offered a few 1000, maybe up to 10000 miles/points. Most sign-up bonuses are quite a bit higher. This isn't to say that you shouldn't accept a retention offer. Folks have various reasons for accepting or declining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.