Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 27, 2013, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Best welcome bonus is 120,000

120,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/...rect=plat32172

85,000 points, $75 annual fee, not waived (Premier Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...PremierCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

60,000 points, $50 annual fee, not waived (Rewards Visa Signature Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...gnatureCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else, Silver status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

30,000 points, $0 annual fee (Rewards Visa Card) offer:
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/visaCard.do
6x on Radisson, 3x else. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

85,000 points, $60 annual fee, not waived (Business Rewards Visa Card) offer:
http://www.clubcarlsonvisa.com/credi...usinessCard.do
10x on Radisson, 5x else, Gold status. Up to 3 free nights for each $10K spend

For discussion of posting time on the annual 40k bonus, see this thread: CC visa annual 40,000 points bonus

US Bank Reconsideration Line: 800-947-1444
Use this phone number to check your application status as well. US Bank does not send you an approval/denial email. Many data points show 8-10 business days for decision is normal. Add another 2-3 weeks after that to receive physical card.

U.S. Bank Fraud Department - 800-260-8469. This is the number to call if your card starts getting declined when you try to make a purchase.

Why is the balance due on my business card always shown as $0?
There are TWO account numbers linked to your business card: The card itself, which shows up in the same website account as any personal cards you may have. This will always show a $0 balance due.

There is a SECOND account - labeled the "Central Bill Account" - with its own account number. You must set up a separate website account with its own username and password to access the Central Bill Account. This is the account that will actually show the balance due and let you schedule a payment. Somewhere in the paperwork you received with the card or the first paper invoice, you should be able to find the Central Bill Account's number.

Setting up separate website account for business card:

These are the instructions that US Bank emailed me:

To enroll in Online Banking for your U.S. Bank Business account, start by going to usbank.com. You do not need a Personal Identification Number (PIN) in order to enroll.

Please follow these instructions to enroll in Online Banking to view or pay your account:

1. Click on the Enroll Now link on the right side of the screen.
2. Select the Business Accounts option.
3. View the Terms and Conditions and then select Enroll Now.
4. Select I do not have a U.S. Bank small business checking or savings account.
5. Select I am an authorized officer of a U.S. Bank Business Credit Card.
6. Complete Step 2 of 2.

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to view your business account in its entirety. When you are making a payment you will need to select the Accounts Payable account number.

Until the end of May 2015: "Bonus Award Night - Redeem Gold Points for two or more consecutive Award Nights and the last night is free. Exclusively for cardmembers.

From June 1 2015: free night after $10,000 spend in a year plus payment of annual fee. Note: can only be used in the U.S.

"New Account Bonus is not available to applicants who have had this Card or another Club Carlson credit card product within the last 12 months."

Forex fee is 3%

For complaints about the changes slated for May 2015, try twitter, Facebook, emails to corporate, letter writing, etc.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ClubCarlson

USA contact # +1 (888) 288 8889

Print Wikipost

US Bank Radisson Rewards VISA (discontinued April 2022; cards to be converted)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:08 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by kellyfjn
Does anyone know if the 85k offer is promotional or regular? How long will it last?
I'm assuming this offer is pretty standard, as this thread has been around since 2012.

Not sure how long it's going to last, but everything suggests it's going to be around for the foreseeable future. YMMV, as always, and I'd recommend getting it sooner than later.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:56 am

FYI my brother signed up and was instantly approved on Friday, got his CC number on Saturday, and I called and transferred points to him on Monday and was able to use the last night free award night, even though he still shows as a red account. Kind of sucks since the couple days made a difference in getting a 'business' room instead of a regular one, at the cost of 25k points, but still a much better/cheaper option than any other hotels in the area. Any idea if the regular redemptions will open up after premium ones are available?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Amazed!

My Wife has excellent credit, no recent applications in last 3 months, (first application of Q2 apparama) we did not freeze ARS, and had premier visa since september 2013. Decided to get business card and got approved for $15K. Not immediate approval, but got approved 3 days later.

Since she got approved, I decided to go for it. I have good credit ~750, have at least 3 recent pulls in last 3 months (12 in past 24 months) and have had personal version since 12/2012. Did not freeze ARS. I do have a checking and savings account with US Bank since 2/2013. Also got approved for $15K!

So now we each have both personal and business version!

Now to MS $5K in 90 days for 85Kx2.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
To have the business and personal cards they force you to sign up for 1 account each.
So should we skip giving the club carlson number when doing the second app then ? Or it is just created without our consent ?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 4:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by su9062
So should we skip giving the club carlson number when doing the second app then ? Or it is just created without our consent ?
If you have a personal card, then don't fill in anything. It'll generate you a new CC account number.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 5:49 pm

If you have a personal card, then don't fill in anything. It'll generate you a new CC account number.
Oh. I think i filled in same club carlson number for both applications. Can the damage be undone ?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:32 am
Suspended

Oh. I think i filled in same club carlson number for both applications. Can the damage be undone ?
Don't sweat it. I'm pretty sure it will just generate you another one anyway. You can't link more than one CC to one Club Carlson account. So if it doesn't come through via the application then I'm sure the phone CS will be able to help you out.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Don't sweat it. I'm pretty sure it will just generate you another one anyway. You can't link more than one CC to one Club Carlson account. So if it doesn't come through via the application then I'm sure the phone CS will be able to help you out.
I hope not. When I applied for the Business card I input my current number. I hope that I can get to link it to the same number, reason is that one of the benefits is Gold or 15 night credit, and I could use that 15 night credit on my main account, b/c I may go for concierge this year.
Old May 1, 2014, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I hope not. When I applied for the Business card I input my current number. I hope that I can get to link it to the same number, reason is that one of the benefits is Gold or 15 night credit, and I could use that 15 night credit on my main account, b/c I may go for concierge this year.
Thank you Rambo. You are correct. I got approved for the personal card the day before yesterday and got an email with a new number. I filled out my old account number during application.
Old May 2, 2014, 7:32 am
Suspended

ARGH!! US Bank!!!

Approved w/ $6,000 CL about 10 days ago. Confirmed w/ rep and all. Card "on way" according to US Bank.

Call back to see what's taking so long, and my app was subsequently denied! "Unable to approve."

Wow...
Old May 2, 2014, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by pricesquire
ARGH!! US Bank!!!

Approved w/ $6,000 CL about 10 days ago. Confirmed w/ rep and all. Card "on way" according to US Bank.

Call back to see what's taking so long, and my app was subsequently denied! "Unable to approve."

Wow...
Just curious:

1. How long did it take to get "approved?" (i.e. was it immediate?)
2. Did they tell you ... happened?
Old May 2, 2014, 11:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MrMoonlight
Just curious:

1. How long did it take to get "approved?" (i.e. was it immediate?)
2. Did they tell you ... happened?
Immediately approval.

Haven't had a chance to call and see what the subsequent denial was about. Going to do that in a few hours.
Old May 2, 2014, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Immediately approval.

Haven't had a chance to call and see what the subsequent denial was about. Going to do that in a few hours.
I don't know if it works this way but tell them to review the app one more time. And then one more time and then one more time.

Seems like the underwriters that we speak to are not the actual decision makers. I went from a decline to decline to approved. But it was always "we will let you know in 2 business days"
Old May 2, 2014, 1:15 pm

DATA POINT:

My wife and I have had some recent luck with US Bank, and really don't know why, starting with the Club Carlson cards we got last month (See Data Point, 2297).

On March 29, I applied for CC Business as part of a two card mini AOR , having 25 cards total, 11 in past year, 4 in past 6 months. Was approved April 8.

Wife had 11 total cards, 6 opened within past year, 1 opened in prior 6 months. She applied for the personal CC on March 28 as part of a three card AOR, and was approved April 3.

With two more recent hard pulls under my belt and feeling a bit reckless, I then applied for the Avianca Lifemiles US Bank Card on April 19. Approved on April 28.

With three more hard pulls from her March 28 AOR, my wife applied for the Lifemiles US Bank Card on April 20, and was approved today.

And yes, we both did the IDA/ARS freeze several months ago.

Last edited by MrMoonlight; May 2, 2014 at 1:20 pm
Old May 2, 2014, 1:44 pm
Suspended

I don't know if it works this way but tell them to review the app one more time. And then one more time and then one more time.

Seems like the underwriters that we speak to are not the actual decision makers. I went from a decline to decline to approved. But it was always "we will let you know in 2 business days"
Just called US Bank, and it was kinda odd....

First of all, they patched me around to three different people before being able to tell me what was going on.

The woman who I finally got to talk to was quite rude and basically said "not my problem"--told me app was denied because of 8 new accounts w/i past 3 months (completely false..and neither my FICO nor FAKO nor any other report shows that info).

I said "what about the fact I was immediately approved and then confirmed approval a few days ago w/ another CSR"

To which she responded "talk to the underwriters, not us" and rather brusquely hung up.

Wow. Easily the oddest situation I've ever had with a bank (even taking into account this thread).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.