Wiki Posts
Search

Best CC for Landlord?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2012, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Question Best CC for Landlord?

In short: What’s a good business credit card for a landlord with limited expenses? My goal is FF mileage accrual (RTW for 2 pax is the long-term goal), and I favor UA, AA, and DL (in that order).

I like to keep my credit score high, and I plan to swap my expiring Delta AMEX (personal) with a new CC (biz). The Delta AMEX has served me well for a few years, but 1) it seems redundant to my new SPG AMEX and 2) I very rarely fly Delta out of DC-area airports.

Rental Expenses: It's a relatively new place, so, with painting and minor fixes, my expenses amount to ~ $5000 / year (fingers crossed ). I know this is very small potatoes for a business. This 5k figure does not include HOA fees because HOA by CC incurs a 3% surcharge, cutting into my margin.

Suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:13 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Best CC for Landlord?

Get Ink bold. Pay Mortgage with Amex Bluebird by using Office Depot-Vanilla Reloads. Put all other expenses on that card.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 3:22 am
In memoriam

Best business card is a personal card.

Business cards are not protected by Fair Credit Billing Act. That's one reason banks love to push 'em. Good for bank, not so good for you.

Only time I use a business card is while meeting spend to get a big bonus. Then it goes in the dead file.

With that in mind, Chase INK cards with a big bonus (50K ) can be good deals. Rumor on the blogs has it that Chase will be cutting spend on INK cards to get 50K bonus to 5K spend in the next couple of weeks.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:58 pm

re

Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
Get Ink bold. Pay Mortgage with Amex Bluebird by using Office Depot-Vanilla Reloads. Put all other expenses on that card.
OP is the landlord, he is not making rent or mortgage payments, your advise makes no sense.

If you are getting away from delta, get a combo of business and personal cards from either UA or AA....with citibank you can get 2 personal AA cards (Visa and Amex or MC) using the 2 browser ploy, then get a AA business card with them as well, as long as you can meet the required spend you will get a good amount of AA miles.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: SPG Plat, WN CP, Many Others
Originally Posted by wise2u
OP is the landlord, he is not making rent or mortgage payments, your advise makes no sense.
Do you think all landlords hold mortgage free property only?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
This one only holds mortage free properties....it just took a few years...

Like SPG, use Lowe's AR CC and them pay off with the CC I need the bucks spent for points...
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:26 am

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by wise2u

If you are getting away from delta, get a combo of business and personal cards from either UA or AA....with citibank you can get 2 personal AA cards (Visa and Amex or MC) using the 2 browser ploy, then get a AA business card with them as well, as long as you can meet the required spend you will get a good amount of AA miles.

1) It's advice not advise.

2) Greater then 80% of rental properties in have mortgages on then.

Check the facts !
Old Nov 5, 2012, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by millere2
do you think all landlords hold mortgage free property only?
+1000000000000
Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I agree with MSPDeltaDude, go with the Ink Bold and take the current sign up bonus of 50,000 total points (25,000 points as initial bonus and 25,000 more points after $10,000 spend w/i first 3 months).
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:59 pm

re

My properties are mortgage free as well. I was assuming his were too because if you read the OP you will see that he claims only 5k annual expenses on the property.
Sort of hard to put 10k in 3 months on legitimate expenses if you have a property like this. He could use the Ink/OD/Vanillareload/Bluebird route to get some UR points and use the Bluebird to make the HOA payments, but that seems like a lot of work when he could just get The AA cards as I suggested.
He should get a Bluebird to pay the HOA dues and taxes and fund it by buying a Vanilla reload card bought with any card he has. He is also looking for an around the world award so AA makes sense for collecting, with 2 personal cards at 50k each and a business card at 40 or 50k, he would be close to halfway there. Not to mention the AA cards are more churnable than Ink or any chase cards for that matter.
did I spell everything correctly?....lol

Last edited by wise2u; Nov 5, 2012 at 2:06 pm Reason: added OP's stated goal
Old Nov 9, 2012, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by biggestbopper
With that in mind, Chase INK cards with a big bonus (50K ) can be good deals. Rumor on the blogs has it that Chase will be cutting spend on INK cards to get 50K bonus to 5K spend in the next couple of weeks.
Good call. But T&C = $5k spend or 0 points (not 25 sign-up then 25 bonus). May have to wait till I know I have big expenses (washer and dryer, etc).

So, how long, do you suppose, this 50k offer will be around?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.