Wiki Posts
Search

Need a new card

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2012, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Need a new card

My spouse and I are about to max out the the MQM bonuses on two Delta Reserve AMEX cards. (And I'll make Plat on Delta with plenty of rollover miles for next year as a result -- I run a lot of business expenses through these cards.) Most of my spending is done for the year, but I have at least another $10K to spend this year, maybe $15K. Right now, I'm thinking about getting the Hilton Visa that comes with two free nights and also getting the free Hilton AMEX later to give me access to the AXON awards for my existing Hilton points, mostly earned through actual stays as it is my chain of choice on business travel.

Any other suggestions on what new card to get with $10K to 15K in spend for hopefully a large sign up bonus? By the way, because I'm in Atlanta, I'm not interested in specifically branded airline cards for an airline other than Delta.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Probably your best option is the Amex Biz Rewards gold. $175 annual fee waived first year, and Membership Rewards points transferrable to Delta.

Generally the signup bonus requires spending $10K in about 4 months. (Sometimes varies from that.) I don't know what the generally available signup bonus is, but they run specials every few months, sometimes as long as a week, often as short as one day, with a 75K signup bonus. If possible I'd suggest waiting until their next bonus.

Chase Ink Bold is 25K for signing up and 25K after spending $10K in (I think) 3 months, but those points are not transferrable to DL, not sure if you have interest in that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.