Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Business Card App

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2012, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Amex Business Card App

I'm thinking about applying for a amex business card (Delta Gold) online and I had two quick questions.

1: How do I input my ssn into the EIN field in the business section. It has two fields (XX XXXXXX) so I don't know how I would put my SSN into it correctly. Would I use just the second or both (the first only has space for 2 characters)?

2: Is there any reason not to put non business related expenses on an amex business card? (ex. personal flights not related to the business)

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2012, 11:34 pm
In memoriam

Just use your SSN, putting first two numbers in box one and the rest in box two.

The main reason NOT to use a biz card for personal expenses is because biz card charges are not protected by Fair Credit Billing Act and you can be very unhappy about this if a problem comes up.

My policy, use biz card to extent needed to get bonus miles, otherwise use personal card.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Makes sense. I was thinking to just use it to purchase flights to be reimbursed by my employer to get the bonus miles/priority boarding then stop using it. I'd put everything else on my personal spg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.