Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

JCB Marukai Premium Card - All USA accounts to close April 2018.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2017, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
The JCB Marukai card earns up to 3% cash back on all purchases.

As of January 3, 2018, JCBUSA is no longer accepting new applications.

It had been available only to people in the following states:
California, Nevada, Oregon, Hawaii, Washington, Connecticut, Illinois, New Jersey, New York.

No annual fee for the first year.
$15.00 annual fee beginning the second year.

application: https://www.jcbusa.com/for_consumers...mium-jcb-card/
Print Wikipost

JCB Marukai Premium Card - All USA accounts to close April 2018.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Randomness
Closed mine last week. Customer service representative thanked me for my long membership and I told her I was sad to be closing my account.
I closed my account today.
Old May 8, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
I was waiting for my April statement to close (maybe it would be considered the March statement) which had some purchases on it, then traveling so I forgot to close my account before the end of the month.

Called today and rep used my last payment check to refund my account balance, along with applying my cash back points. I didn't have 10 points for the normal minimum cash back so wasn't expecting to get anything. Will miss JCB's quirks.^
Old May 8, 2018, 4:59 pm

I’ll miss this card. Too bad they didn’t sell off the business. It’s not nearly as easy to redeem on my grandfathered PL card as JCB, though the ICBC UnionPay card has neatly solved the problem of traveling to Japan.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I actually charged $100 at Amazon so I could cash in the points. Just paid the balance electronically so I expect the next statement to show a zero balance. Will miss JCB...
Old May 9, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I actually charged $100 at Amazon so I could cash in the points. Just paid the balance electronically so I expect the next statement to show a zero balance. Will miss JCB...
They refunded me $30 with I had on a balance via ACH to my bank account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.