Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
Please don't delete this Wiki.
Some of us still earn Delta miles with this card or may want information about past or grandfathered terms and conditions.

Please do not spread panic about miles not posting until after the 10th of each month.
In most cases, miles post in the evening on the 5th of each month if it's a business day, or else the evening of the next business day. "Miles post for purchases made between (inclusive) 5th day of prior month to 4th day of current month."
__________________________________________________ ____________

Current offer (as of March 2017) is for just 5,000 miles.
https://www.suntrust.com/personal-ba...les-debit-card

Most current 25,000 offer was in-branch only, through May 9, 2016:
INTRODUCING YOUR NEW EVERYDAY GETAWAY CARD: THE SKYMILES® DEBIT CARD.
Ready for a one-of-a-kind debit card that actually rewards you? Here's one that deposits miles directly into your SkyMiles account. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles with the SkyMiles World Debit Card from SunTrust. What's more, when you use your Card for everyday purchases, the miles add up quickly — and they'll never expire.

Here's how it works:
• Present this email at your nearest branch, or call 1-800-650-7277 and mention this offer.
• Get 5,000 bonus miles when you open or upgrade to a new qualifying SunTrust Signature Advantage Checking account with a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card and make your first qualifying purchase. If you already have a Signature Advantage Checking account, ask to upgrade your debit card to a Delta SkyMiles Debit Card.
• Get an additional 20,000 promotional bonus miles when you make 20 qualifying purchases within the first 90 days of account opening.
Continue to earn miles just for using your Card:
• Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent on everyday purchases like groceries, gas and restaurant purchases.1 (up to 4,000 per Card monthly)
• Earn 2 miles per dollar on all direct Delta purchases including flights, Delta Sky Club® passes, in-flight purchases of food and beverages and more.1
• Apply your miles toward upgrades and Award Travel to more than 1,000 destinations worldwide2 on Delta and its partner airlines.
• $75 Annual Fee (reduced fee may apply, ask for details).1
Hurry — this incredible 25,000 bonus mile offer is only available until May 9, 2016.
VISIT YOUR LOCAL BRANCH
    __________________________________________________ _____________

History of Recent Past Offers:

Changes as of 7/25/15 :
    Balanced Banking (no longer available): 95a/f, 1mile/$2 up to 2000 miles, $3000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Signature Advantage: $75a/f, 1mile/$1 up to 4000 miles, $25000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee

Solid Choice: $95a/f, 2m/$1 up to 2000 miles, $5000 daily collected balance to avoid monthly fee
    SunTrust has a list of items that aren't supposed to earn miles, but some do anyway: cash advances, cash back, ATM transactions, tax payments, payments for stored value cards, wire transfers, money transfers, money orders, cashier checks, quasi cash, travelers cheques, purchase of monetary instruments

-----------------------------------------------------------
    If SunTrust closed your account, it would be great if you could share a little info about the account history.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Print Wikipost

Truist (fka Suntrust) Skymiles Check Card [see WIKI for offers]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL, CO, Hilton, SPG
    Originally Posted by junglesmacks
    - PayPal WILL NOT work for either the DD or the traditional checking account routing number. The deposit comes through as a standard ACH deposit, not a PPD coded payroll direct deposit

- The best answer that looks good at the moment is to use Intuit "Household" Payroll services with a 30 day free trial. You don't need a business, and EIN or any other information. You can't pay yourself, per se.. but you can have your wife pay you.. and vice versa.

It's not that tricky setting it up. Just make sure that when you are adding the employee, that you choose to pay them straight wages * hours worked with no additional withholding. There's a drop down box in the taxes section.

Just finished setting up the girlfriend and vice versa.. waiting for direct deposit approval now to pay on June 15th. Fingers crossed.
    How can you tell if it is a PPD coded payroll direct deposit? I have made a ACH push deposit and I'm trying to figure out if it will qualify.
    Old May 29, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: many
    Originally Posted by 4Health
    How can you tell if it is a PPD coded payroll direct deposit? I have made a ACH push deposit and I'm trying to figure out if it will qualify.
    I've called on them receiving an intuit dd and they confirmed, but I went on to ask that it was a "dd", and they said yes. Though, this is still not complete confirmation nor a confidence booster for me until the points post; as the level of competence I've encountered in several of the depts. is what I'd consider... (insert the sound of cricket chirps here)
    Nice enough folk though ^ ^

Will update once points post. Any idea how long they take, the typical 6-8 or ?
    Old May 29, 2012, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
    I got this promo in the mail today. Snailmail. It seems like kind of a gimme for me. Suntrust is a local bank, my employer can split my check to multiple accounts, and I have $3000 sitting in a different no-fee, no-minimum-balance checking account.

Seems like a lot of work - but y'know, it's half a ticket to Europe for Mrs. Redtop to see her family there. I guess I'll bite.
    Old May 29, 2012, 8:59 pm

I walked into SunTrust smiling... and came out wanting to pull out my hair!

Originally Posted by AllanAtlanta
    I'm trying to make it my favorite. I've tried quite a few tricks in my first few weeks. Will have to see what posts with some miles.
    I spent the greater part of the holiday weekend reading about the promotion with SunTrust and SkyMiles on their respective websites, this forum, and various patches of fine print.
    I called up my local SunTrust branch before I headed down there to make sure I didn't need to have an appointment. I was told, by the Branch Manager (and also, incidentally, the Vice President) that all I needed was valid ID with my current address to open both the personal and business accounts.

When I arrived, I explained to the Branch Manager/VP that I was unhappy with my current bank (where I have my business account) because of poor customer service and the fact that a fee schedule exists, but the bank pretty much does anything and everything in such a way that every transaction I perform has some sort of loophole and I wind up paying double or even triple for some services. I also was frustrated by my current bank's lack of professionalism and overall ignorance of the employees. I once needed something notarized and the bank employee refused to notarize something for me. I, myself, am a notary public of the same state where I was requesting the notarial act and thus am well versed in the law. I had to make a second trip back to the back when the supervisor was on duty to present my case! This was a time-sensitive issue, so I was a little pissed off!

Anyway, the Branch Manager/VP of SunTrust told me that she was glad to have my business and in a very professional manner proceeded to open first the personal account, then the business account. I was in the branch for about an hour an a half! When it came time for the final signature for the business account, I had the final bombshell dropped, which I thought was a joke. I was first told that for the business checking that offers a SkyMiles check card, I would have to maintain a $1k balance or pay $10 per month in maintenance fees (Primary Business Checking). She also hinted to the fact that I would be getting the bulk of the miles from the promotion straight away, within 6 to 8 weeks of my first purchase using the SkyMiles business check card. After that, I could switch to a business account with lower fees and no SkyMiles card. She was basically telling me that I would benefit more by using the personal SkyMiles check card 1 SkyMile per $1, instead of the business check card's 1 SkyMile per $2.

Before I signed the signature card she told me that made a terrible mistake and that she couldn't offer me the business account that she had spent the last 45 minutes setting up. Apparently she was mistaken about which business accounts allow the SkyMiles check card. Now I'd have to maintain $4k or pay $25 per month (Total Business Banking).

As it was clearly her error, I thought she would be willing to perhaps waive a portion of the maintenance fee for a few months. She wouldn't budge! I was leaving one incompetent bank for another, except this one charges a lot more and has greater requirements for minimum daily balances. It's true that I would be getting a lot SkyMiles, but that is about it. So, yes, I was looking to go into SunTrust with the hope of forging a new, better banking relationship, but it certainly didn't get started off on the right foot. After 90 minutes, I had to leave the branch for an appointment. I wasn't even expecting it to take that long and she told me that it would take at least another 30 minutes to open the correct business account!

I left the branch without opening any account, rushing to go to a business appointment.
    I was quite disappointed.
    I later phoned the branch and spoke to the VP/Branch Manager. I told her that I thought it over and was still willing to give SunTrust a try, as it was simply an honest mistake. I asked her, as the VP/Branch Manager, if she was willing to waive some of the fees due to her mistake and the enormous amount of time I wasted. She said "NO!" It have never banked with SunTrust nor do I know anyone who has. It does not appear that this particular branch is very customer service-focused. Does anyone else have opinions about SunTrust or suggestions?

Thanks.
    Old May 30, 2012, 12:03 pm

SunTrust has been excellent with me.

1. They let me open an account through chat.
    2. I live in a non-footprint state.
    3. I already of 15k of the miles posted.
    4. I am hoping for a mile bomb when my first statment closes. I love my new check card.
    5. Still waiting for my other 15K bonus.

What's not to love?
    Old May 30, 2012, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
    Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan

4. I am hoping for a mile bomb when my first statment closes. I love my new check card.

What's not to love?
    This is a naive question. But I am not sure how to initiate a chat. A search on suntrust's site yields no response.
    Old May 30, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: many

What's not to love?
    How long from the time you started using your card did the miles post? Or did you receive your first 15 from the dd?
    Old May 30, 2012, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by pcharles
    How long from the time you started using your card did the miles post? Or did you receive your first 15 from the dd?
    Miles were for the card. I took about 5 weeks from opening, and 3 weeks from getting the card.
    Old May 30, 2012, 12:46 pm

What's not to love?
    I should have also stated that I just got my first paycheck going in two weeks ago and another coming this week. Not sure how long the other 15K will take.
    Old May 30, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
    Originally Posted by StefanoND

Before I signed the signature card she told me that made a terrible mistake and that she couldn't offer me the business account that she had spent the last 45 minutes setting up. Apparently she was mistaken about which business accounts allow the SkyMiles check card. Now I'd have to maintain $4k or pay $25 per month (Total Business Banking).

As it was clearly her error, I thought she would be willing to perhaps waive a portion of the maintenance fee for a few months. She wouldn't budge! I was leaving one incompetent bank for another, except this one charges a lot more and has greater requirements for minimum daily balances. It's true that I would be getting a lot SkyMiles, but that is about it. So, yes, I was looking to go into SunTrust with the hope of forging a new, better banking relationship, but it certainly didn't get started off on the right foot. After 90 minutes, I had to leave the branch for an appointment. I wasn't even expecting it to take that long and she told me that it would take at least another 30 minutes to open the correct business account!

I left the branch without opening any account, rushing to go to a business appointment.
    I was quite disappointed.
    I later phoned the branch and spoke to the VP/Branch Manager. I told her that I thought it over and was still willing to give SunTrust a try, as it was simply an honest mistake. I asked her, as the VP/Branch Manager, if she was willing to waive some of the fees due to her mistake and the enormous amount of time I wasted. She said "NO!" It have never banked with SunTrust nor do I know anyone who has. It does not appear that this particular branch is very customer service-focused. Does anyone else have opinions about SunTrust or suggestions?

Thanks.
    I guess you didn't see post 223...the branch should be able to waive the min deposit fee for a couple months. That would give you ample time to move funds or transfer from one account to another. It sucks you wasted your time but it sounds like an honest mistake was made and quickly corrected. Why not just fund the account get your miles and if your still not happy with ST close your account. Just my 2 cents.
    Old May 31, 2012, 8:38 am

Bonuses for 2

I would like to set up accounts for my wife and myself to receive two sets of 30,000 miles. However, while I receive a direct deposit from an employer, she, as a sole proprietor, does not. Do posters think this would work: 1) I open up an account in my name and set up a direct deposit to my account, wait a bit, then 2) I open up a joint account for both of us, with her as the beneficiary of the miles, and set up a direct deposit with my pay check (asking my employer to change the account to which my pay check is deposited or splitting it)?

What do you all think?
    Old May 31, 2012, 9:15 am

Total Business Banking - No monthly maintenance fee for the first two cycles

Originally Posted by rookie10
    I guess you didn't see post 223...the branch should be able to waive the min deposit fee for a couple months. That would give you ample time to move funds or transfer from one account to another. It sucks you wasted your time but it sounds like an honest mistake was made and quickly corrected. Why not just fund the account get your miles and if your still not happy with ST close your account. Just my 2 cents.
    Actually what you mentioned was in the business fee schedule. I went back to the branch today and showed the VP/Branch Manager where it states on the business fee schedule:
    "No monthly maintenance fee for the first two statement cycles." (For Total Business Banking)

When I asked her about this she said that she would not waive any fees because of her error. Obviously, she was not aware of this perk or she would have mentioned it.
    Old May 31, 2012, 11:13 am

Programs: Delta Silver
    If I make a non PIN purchase with the check card (a pack of gum) does that count as a "signature"?
    Old May 31, 2012, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by I can see for miles
    I would like to set up accounts for my wife and myself to receive two sets of 30,000 miles. However, while I receive a direct deposit from an employer, she, as a sole proprietor, does not. Do posters think this would work: 1) I open up an account in my name and set up a direct deposit to my account, wait a bit, then 2) I open up a joint account for both of us, with her as the beneficiary of the miles, and set up a direct deposit with my pay check (asking my employer to change the account to which my pay check is deposited or splitting it)?

What do you all think?
    I haven't done it via this promotion, but with other's in the past I just opened the account in my wife's name and sent a direct deposit from my paycheck without any issue. (Doest seem to matter who is making the deposit, just that one is made)
    Old May 31, 2012, 1:25 pm

I am in a non-foot print state. I was opening an account online a couple of weeks ago, and when it came to the funding page, it got timed out. So, I did not have any info on my account number. Later, I received an email thanking me for opening the account with the last 4 digits of my account number.

I called a few days later to find out the next steps. The CSR said that I would receive the details in mail and then I can fund the account. I called again a few days ago and got the same info. So, I kept waiting for the details in mail which never arrived.

Then, I called today, and CSR told me that I would not receive anything until I fund my account, either electronically or physically (the previous CSRs were wrong), and she also mentioned that I am out of state, so I can't visit a branch. So, she offered me to open a new account again on the phone, and assured me that I would receive the bonus miles, and I agreed. It took 5 minutes to open a new account and fund it. She also read the terms for receiving the bonus miles, and maintaining $3K or paying $12 maintainance fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.