Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by JBG89
May i ask the length of your credit history/score and how long you have been churning for? Im a fairly young churner (1st year) and it would be great to get to 20 cards one day!
It was 20+ in 1 year, not one day. Slow your roll there sparky!
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:41 am

Just posting a data point:

2BM (1 IE, 1 Chrome; both InPrivate/Incognito)
Used the 25k, $75AF + $100 credit app link in wiki
2 identical apps with only the type of card changed (1 classic, 1 Northern Lights)
Proceeded on each app with the same timing (clicks were within 5 sec of each other)
Applied 12/22, both instantly approved for 16k
50k miles posted on my account on 12/26 (20k+5k plus 20k+5k)
Received 2 identical letters in the mail on 12/29 telling me Experian score of 802

Still no physical cards

Edit: 2 physical cards received on 1/3. everything went great!

Last edited by iloverice; Jan 5, 2015 at 1:41 pm
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Finkface
This is on existing AS card and we were discussing converting it to a no fee Better Balance Rewards card to avoid the annual fee. They won't in my case, so I just told them to cancel it.
Sorry, since this thread is for the Alaska card, I thought you were referring to the usual problems getting the full Sig card.

I just found this thread when someone on the other Alaska card thread linked to here, so I'm not up to speed with this thread.

I still don't understand why there are 2 threads for basically the same thing.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by shinypenny01
Both personal Alaska cards? I'm wondering if there is any benefit to the business cards at this point seen as the personal comes with the $100 statement credit and recon seems lax. Does cancelling the first card also cost you the companion pass associated with it? I'm not sure I'll use the CP, but it'd be good to know.
She had a biz and a personal and we canceled both. She applied and was approved for two personal. Definitely better with the $100 credit. I'll probably grab a biz for her again in 3 months just to mix it up. Oh and you will keep the companion pass if you cancel. Once discount codes or miles hit your Alaska Mileage Plan account, they are there for good. Other than returns- if you end up with a negative balance on an Alaska card statement, B of A rips that amount of miles out of the account.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:20 am

It was 20+ in 1 year, not one day. Slow your roll there sparky!
The OP didn't mean getting 20 cards in one day.

He meant eventually working up to 20 cards in the near future. Since he is just starting out, he was asking for advice on how to go about doing that.

Frankly, having been playing this game for years, and having 22 cards open, including some that I've had for years that Citi doesn't charge me an AF for anymore, I too am wondering how you could possibly get 20 cards in a year.

Citi turned me down for the first time last Spring due to 11 HPs in 6 months and "too many new accounts opened". I stopped applying for 3 months, got my 6 month HP count down to 5, and Citi gave me an auto approval for a new AA EXEC.

Which banks approved you with more than 10 HPs in 6 months?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Brugge
Sorry, since this thread is for the Alaska card, I thought you were referring to the usual problems getting the full Sig card.

I just found this thread when someone on the other Alaska card thread linked to here, so I'm not up to speed with this thread.

I still don't understand why there are 2 threads for basically the same thing. :confused:
Because one is in AS forum one is in credit card forum. AA, HHonors, Marriott, Hyatt, SPG, just to name a few off the top of my head.

Many affinity cards have 2 threads in this scenario. Not everyone applies an affinity card is a churner or frequent the credit card forum.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iloverice
Just posting a data point:

2BM (1 IE, 1 Chrome; both InPrivate/Incognito)
Used the 25k, $75AF + $100 credit app link in wiki
2 identical apps with only the type of card changed (1 classic, 1 Northern Lights)
Proceeded on each app with the same timing (clicks were within 5 sec of each other)
Applied 12/22, both instantly approved for 16k
50k miles posted on my account on 12/26 (20k+5k plus 20k+5k)
Received 2 identical letters in the mail on 12/29 telling me Experian score of 802

Still no physical cards
Interesting tidbits worth noting. The system behaves as if it did not know you have one app after another. I guess the private browsing may play a role.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:29 pm

I too am wondering how you could possibly get 20 cards in a year.

Which banks approved you with more than 10 HPs in 6 months?
I picked up 7 with Chase, 4 Citi, 1 BoA, 3 Barclays, 5 Amex in the last 13 months. For a 12 month total just drop one of the Chase cards.

My last 4 were Amex, Citi, Chase, Barclays (in that order) so all of them have approved me with 10+ inquiries on my credit report. Citi and Chase both pull TU and Experian for me, so the inquiries on both look similar. I've currently got 13 hard pulls on each, and 3 dropped off recently.

FICO about 760 if that helps. The only bank I have history with is Chase (an old Freedom card). 3 of the accounts were business cards applied for on my SSN (2 Chase 1 Amex).
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
I picked up 7 with Chase, 4 Citi, 1 BoA, 3 Barclays, 5 Amex in the last 13 months. For a 12 month total just drop one of the Chase cards.

My last 4 were Amex, Citi, Chase, Barclays (in that order) so all of them have approved me with 10+ inquiries on my credit report. Citi and Chase both pull TU and Experian for me, so the inquiries on both look similar. I've currently got 13 hard pulls on each, and 3 dropped off recently.

FICO about 760 if that helps. The only bank I have history with is Chase (an old Freedom card). 3 of the accounts were business cards applied for on my SSN (2 Chase 1 Amex).
With a high score and the right income i can totally see this. I've played the credit card game for a few years but only this year did I get serious. I've been approved for 11 and I only started in the spring and haven't done any since October.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:36 pm

Two Browser Method

For anyone who's recently applied for Alaska cards with the 2 BM, did the HPs get combined into one? Or did both apps get noted by the CB?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
For anyone who's recently applied for Alaska cards with the 2 BM, did the HPs get combined into one? Or did both apps get noted by the CB?
Both inquiries merged into one for me 2 weeks ago
Old Dec 30, 2014, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by SJLandsverk
Both inquiries merged into one for me 2 weeks ago
OK, now that is just Brilliant.

I hadn't even thought of using the 2 BM since the Citi AA offer years ago. Would I like to get double Alaska cards, with double sign up bonuses, with only one HP? Yes, yes yes...
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:34 am

I applied and was approved, but ended up getting the platinum card and 5,000 miles. I called and they raised my credit limit to $5,000. I asked if I would still get the 25,000 miles, and the rep said I would. Anyone know how long it takes for the changes to usually show (just curious when I should be worried)?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold 75k, AA Platinum, SPG/Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by nebratu
I applied and was approved, but ended up getting the platinum card and 5,000 miles. I called and they raised my credit limit to $5,000. I asked if I would still get the 25,000 miles, and the rep said I would. Anyone know how long it takes for the changes to usually show (just curious when I should be worried)?
Went through the same ordeal last year; took 2 billing cycles. The 5000 will post with the first statement and the other 20k will post on the second one.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 5:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by nebratu
Just make sure you do actually get the Signature card, not just a Platinum card with a 5K limit. When the same happened to me, the Signature card had a different number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.