Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2016, 10:46 am

how much is 2 much

It appears difficult to get a new AS card while having 3+ open. Should we therefore close all AS card(s) beforehand or is it ok to have one open and apply for a second?

Any resent data points on this type scenario as I’m getting close to my 90 anniversary of getting my first personal AS card? This card is still open and I lowered the CL from 17k to 3k. One last thing, if the current consensus is to close first – how long should I wait before I apply again as I don’t want the annual fee returned (I think I remember reading somewhere that's a no-no).
Old Nov 15, 2016, 10:49 am

Just called, they won't approve me by moving credit , asked nicely and CSR told my Fico from experian (755) stated the same reasons adn said that apps combine to one HP if made in 30 days period, not just one day. I've asked again and been reassured that if I apply in 30 days period it will still be one pull from my credit. Is that possible?

Originally Posted by avagyan
Yesterday I've applied for Merrill+, AS personal and business and got approved for Merril+ and AS business
Today I've received a call from BoA and got Denied for the personal.
1. Do I have a chance calling recon and changing their decision by moving credit? (IDK why would they deny when they spam me with preapproved AS offers almost every week)
2. Did they pull my credit today or on the day of an app (yesterday)
thanks

P.S. The reasons given were
yo do not have sufficient installment loans with recent payment history
your credit reference has not been established for sufficient length of time
This is the first time I'm getting denied and even though my AAoA will be lower due to the hobby the length should be more than sufficient
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two family members got rejection letters - one with 2 open as cards not sure about other. Good scores and long time boa customers - in the past instant approvals on all boa cards.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 4:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, IHG Rewards Club
Originally Posted by rjs11
How many Alaska Airlines cards did you already have?
Probably about 5 beforehand, but all have been closed at different intervals.

Just called them, apparently my application was for a Visa Platinum even though that wasn't what I asked for. Oh well, might just cancel it.

Last edited by Quarantine; Nov 15, 2016 at 5:28 pm
Old Nov 17, 2016, 10:50 am

Approved for AS personal card after closing both AS personal cards that I had. Lesson learnt: you must have one existing single card with credit line > $5k where they can draw from, in case BoA doesn't want to extend more credit to you. I had several existing cards with less than $5k credit limit and the analyst was not able to approve the app as a Visa Signature, only as a Platinum, so I had to cancel that one and apply again after I got the Merrill Lynch Visa Signature with large credit limit. I am not usually a hoarder, but it seems hoarding credit limit with BoA is the way to go.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 1:48 pm

Is there a separate online application status form for biz apps? I don't see my biz app in the link via wiki.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coffee18
Is there a separate online application status form for biz apps? I don't see my biz app in the link via wiki.
I don't know, but I do see a separate business card application status phone number in the Wiki. Dunno if it's automated or not.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by coffee18
Is there a separate online application status form for biz apps?
Unfortunately there is not.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by muji
Unfortunately there is not.
Thanks both!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by michael_v
Approved for AS personal card after closing both AS personal cards that I had. Lesson learnt: you must have one existing single card with credit line > $5k where they can draw from, in case BoA doesn't want to extend more credit to you. I had several existing cards with less than $5k credit limit and the analyst was not able to approve the app as a Visa Signature, only as a Platinum, so I had to cancel that one and apply again after I got the Merrill Lynch Visa Signature with large credit limit. I am not usually a hoarder, but it seems hoarding credit limit with BoA is the way to go.

What was the time interval between closing an account and opening a new account or more generally - do you know how long it takes for your recently closed credit line to become available again?

Last edited by flew-d-coop; Nov 18, 2016 at 7:01 am
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:16 am

Received my 30k bonus on biz card on 11/11/16 so not every 3rd Sunday
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by metoo
Received my 30k bonus on biz card on 11/11/16 so not every 3rd Sunday
Biz may be different. I have only ever received points on Sundays for the personal card.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Biz may be different. I have only ever received points on Sundays for the personal card.
Seems like between pulls, how recon is done and how the bonus is distributed, applying for personal and biz might as well be applying for cards from two separate banks.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flew-d-coop
do you know how long it takes for your recently closed credit line to become available again?
We have recently learned that credit from a closed BofA credit line takes up to a year to become available again!

So before you cancel BofA cards, first ask to have the credit limit lowered. Do this as soon as possible (after you've stopped "spending big" on the card). The credit limit you lower as a separate step becomes available much faster (though it might still be months?) than the credit limit that's left when you cancel the card (which, like I said, seem to take about a year or so).

The most important thing is not how low you lower the credit limit, but by how much. If you had a credit limit of $17k, it doesn't matter much whether you lower it to $1k or $2k or $3k, because that's a difference between lowering it by $16k or $15k or $14k. What matters is that you lower it by as much as possible as soon as possible (for most people, as soon as they've stopped doing the minimum spend).
Old Nov 23, 2016, 5:20 am

Just read the last 15 pages of this thread and advice seems a little conflicting in regards to whether to immediately close account after bonus hits or to keep cards open until the AF hits again. For someone in my situation below, is there a better option between the two here or is it really a YMMV?

My situation:

Three weeks ago I applied for the personal and business card and got denied for the personal card and instantly approved for the biz card with a credit limit of 5k. Just hit minimum spend on biz card. When I tried to recon the personal card the CSR she said I was not approved due to too many credit inquires in general and that if I don't apply for another credit card again, I'll likely be approved in February for the personal card. I currently have a spirit personal card with BOA with a low credit limit and a BOA travel rewards credit card with a credit limit of 5k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.