Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Card and Time on Job

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Credit Card and Time on Job

I just took a job where I will be travelling 4 days a week so I want to get a credit card for these expenses. My FICO is 750+ so I qualify for the better offers but here's the catch - I don't actually start the new job until April 2nd so I have 0 time on job. Is it worth even trying to get a card now or should I just use my existing card until I've been there a little while?

The cards I'm looking at applying for are Chase Sapphire or Amex PRG.

Well I just applied and was approved for the Amex, so apparently they don't care about time on job but the Chase application requests the information

Last edited by circi; Mar 24, 2012 at 3:43 pm Reason: updated info
Old Mar 24, 2012, 4:21 pm

I applied for a chase card with 1 mo of time after a (same industry) job change. It wasn't an automatically approval..but it did go through ..(I also had a history with chase).
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I would go ahead and apply. I suspect they will mainly look at your FICO score, although I don't know for sure. What have you got to lose? At worst they will defer giving you the card until April 2.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:45 pm

I would apply as long as you know you will use your card at your job and they will not provide one. Might as well start racking up miles/points day 1.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:29 am
Original Poster

I hope they don't make me wait, I need to make reservations at the extended stay I'll be at for the next few months and don't want that big hold on my personal card. Right now I only have the one! I have always been one to try and avoid using credit until now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.