FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1291677-applying-business-credit-cards-consolidated.html)

g8trgr8t Dec 29, 2015 3:26 pm

Chase Ink would be my choice.

dorisrpas Dec 29, 2015 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t (Post 25932185)
Chase Ink would be my choice.

Would you be willing to elaborate as to why? I have to share my research with my business partner so would help to have better sense of the benefits others appreciate.

runb4fun Dec 29, 2015 4:24 pm

> - most common purchases: flights (all airlines, mostly UA and SW), hotels (all brands), rental cars (mostly Hertz for now), meals while traveling, gas, office supplies

for the ones highlighted, Ink Cash is perfect.

pros:
- no annual fee
- UR points are super valuable
- you get 5x points on office supply
- you 5x at whole bunch of bills - should your office choose to pay that via card...points should be raining.
- 2x UR points at gas is great. there are cards that give 5% on gas but 2x UR is solid deal.
- same goes with 2x on resturants

unfortunately the rest of your categories aren't covered by this card

> flights (all airlines, mostly UA and SW), hotels (all brands), rental cars (mostly Hertz for now)

and those categories just happen to be the one where decent chunk of money will go.

mia Dec 29, 2015 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by dorisrpas (Post 25931478)
- Not AmEx (as currently looking for alternative)
- not outrageous interest rate

Which American Express business card do you use now?

Why do you want to change?

Why does the interest rate matter?

Originally Posted by dorisrpas (Post 25931478)
- about 8 employee cards
- employee credit card limits of at least 10K

This means that you are looking for a starting credit limit of about $80,000?

dorisrpas Dec 29, 2015 5:20 pm

Thanks much runb4fun for the detailed reply. :)

Regarding AmEx - is our primary card at the moment. Looking for a back-up card for a variety of reasons.

Regarding the interest rate ... another CYA consideration, in the rare event expenses outpace clients paying what they owe or are delinquent.

This means that you are looking for a starting credit limit of about $80,000?
Sounds about right

mia Dec 29, 2015 5:33 pm

Here are some extracts from a Chase Ink application:

Individual and Company Liability: You understand that by responding to this offer you agree to be personally responsible, both individually and jointly with the Company, for payment of all balances incurred on all cards and accounts issued pursuant to this application now or whenever such additional accounts may be established in the future. You understand that if you leave the employment of the Company, you will continue to be responsible for the outstanding balances on the accounts. You must notify us immediately to close the accounts and prevent further usage.

Before we approve you for a credit card, we will review your credit report, information about the Company, including financial information, and the information you provide with your response to confirm that you and the Company meet the criteria for this offer. Based on this review, you may not receive a card. We may request additional information for a credit access line above $25,000.

If an account is approved, all cardmembers will have access to 100% of the approved credit access line and any amount over the credit access line that we authorize. If you would like to set spending limits on any cardmembers, please contact our Cardmember Service Department after the account has been opened. By becoming a Visa Business Card cardmember, you agree that the card is being used only for business purposes and that the card is being issued to a public or private company including a sole proprietor or employees or contractors of an organization.
https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...g.do?card=FGPC

dorisrpas Dec 29, 2015 5:50 pm

We do set variable spending limits on the cards per employee.

Any insight into the Chase United Business card and the rental car insurance coverage?

Where other business cards offer primary insurance coverage for authorized users (whose names are embossed on the credit card) I can't find anything online that specifies how Chase United Business handles that. I spoke to a credit card rep on the phone but based upon our conversation I wasn't convinced she really understood what she was doing - she suggested it is only for the primary card holder, which doesn't make sense if have a business card with authorized users renting cars independently all over the US.

Uh Clem Dec 29, 2015 8:28 pm

I run my business using multiple credit cards. I would go with the Chase Ink card for your employees and consider United Club cards for the owners. The Club card will cost $395 per year but will get you free access to the United Airport lounges. Also with the Club card you get 50% more miles for every dollar spent. This means if you spend $100k you would get 150k miles The $395 yearly membership fee pays for itself with the extra miles and lounge access if your charging over $100k per year.

Regarding the auto insurance coverage I found the best rental coverage from the Chase Hyatt Visa. I travel to Europe quite a bit and the other cards will cover up to a Mercedes C class or BMW 3 series rental while the Hyatt Visa covers up to an E class or 5 series. Not sure about coverage for authorized users. It's difficult finding someone at Chase who understands their coverage but they do have 2nd level support if you have a difficult question. Sounds like your rep didn't escalate the call.

g8trgr8t Dec 30, 2015 9:15 am

Originally Posted by dorisrpas (Post 25932309)
Would you be willing to elaborate as to why? I have to share my research with my business partner so would help to have better sense of the benefits others appreciate.

spelled out at the application link. you can also compare the ink cash and plus cards there for yourself.

https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-plus-card

g8trgr8t Dec 30, 2015 9:20 am

Originally Posted by runb4fun (Post 25932471)
> - most common purchases: flights (all airlines, mostly UA and SW), hotels (all brands), rental cars (mostly Hertz for now), meals while traveling, gas, office supplies

for the ones highlighted, Ink Cash is perfect.

pros:
- no annual fee
- UR points are super valuable
- you get 5x points on office supply
- you 5x at whole bunch of bills - should your office choose to pay that via card...points should be raining.
- 2x UR points at gas is great. there are cards that give 5% on gas but 2x UR is solid deal.
- same goes with 2x on resturants

unfortunately the rest of your categories aren't covered by this card

> flights (all airlines, mostly UA and SW), hotels (all brands), rental cars (mostly Hertz for now)

and those categories just happen to be the one where decent chunk of money will go.

Ink Cash doesn't earn UR points unless I am mistaken it is strictly a cash back card. I think you may have the cash and the plus confused.

greatname Dec 30, 2015 9:36 am

Originally Posted by g8trgr8t (Post 25935626)
Ink Cash doesn't earn UR points unless I am mistaken it is strictly a cash back card. I think you may have the cash and the plus confused.

Ink cash and freedom both earn UR points. They are just like cash back (and advertised that way) if you dont have at least one card to transfer the points.

SanDiego1K Dec 30, 2015 10:19 am

Chase Ink is our primary business card with Amex Gold Business as the secondary card. We like the multiples using Chase Ink on cable, internet, phone, office supplies. For the AMEX Gold Business, we can choose the 3x multiple each year. We have selected transportation as we have significant trucking expenses.

Uh Clem Dec 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 25935980)
Chase Ink is our primary business card with Amex Gold Business as the secondary card. We like the multiples using Chase Ink on cable, internet, phone, office supplies. For the AMEX Gold Business, we can choose the 3x multiple each year. We have selected transportation as we have significant trucking expenses.

I recently did $5k in home improvements through Home Depot. I purchased $5k in Home Depot gift cards from Staples using my Chase INK card and in doing so, I earned 25k points instead 5K.

seloewy Jan 4, 2016 11:23 am

Chase Sign up bonuses for multiple businesses?

Apologies if this was answered. I searched with no luck. I already have a Chase SW RR card for a consulting business. I am starting a second business and want to keep expenses separate. If I get 2nd business card will I still be eligible for signup bonus?

Electroman Jan 6, 2016 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by seloewy (Post 25959891)
Apologies if this was answered. I searched with no luck. I already have a Chase SW RR card for a consulting business. I am starting a second business and want to keep expenses separate. If I get 2nd business card will I still be eligible for signup bonus?

For a second business? Sure.