FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Credit Card Programs (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs-599/)
-   -   [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credit-card-programs/1182580-expired-fee-waived-us-airways-card-30k-10k-anniversary.html)

flyer4512 May 29, 2014 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512 (Post 22918332)
My 3rd card is proving to be far different than my first 2 where the 10k anniversary posted to my Usair FF account before the AF was posted to the credit card so plenty of time to cancel.

I am showing I earned 10k miles last statement but they have not posted yet.

Statement with AF is due 6/21

Sm'd in today to cancel, AF of $89 waived and card cancelled. AF posted 4/30 and 10K miles is not worth the AF to me so I gave it a month and cancelled.

5/24 statement shows

"Bonus or promotional Dividend Miles earned this period + 10,000"

No miles posted to US air account yet or showing on Barclay site as earned.

For my last card the 10K posted right away after the statement closed and prior to the AF being charged , this card is proving to be different.

No big deal, if the 10K posts it posts post, figured I would inform others of what I am seeing

Superorb May 29, 2014 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Elchupanebre4 (Post 22945063)
I just got the same promo as well. Haven't spent anything since the last 15K promo. My annual fee comes due in the next few weeks, so likely timed, but I was going to cancel when it hit, now likely not despite now swimming in OW miles.

My card comes up for renewal next week so I'm guessing that's why they sent this promo. I don't know if even the 25k points is worth the $89 fee considering I can get 100k Aadvantage points for $250.

AXR64 May 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 22947760)
My card comes up for renewal next week so I'm guessing that's why they sent this promo. I don't know if even the 25k points is worth the $89 fee considering I can get 100k Aadvantage points for $250.

I believe it's actually 15k points rather than 25k because you get the 10k anniversary bonus even if you cancel the card to avoid paying the AF. I got the same offer and now weighing 15k DM miles vs. $89

Superorb May 30, 2014 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by AXR64 (Post 22947931)
I believe it's actually 15k points rather than 25k because you get the 10k anniversary bonus even if you cancel the card to avoid paying the AF. I got the same offer and now weighing 15k DM miles vs. $89

You don't always get the 10k, it depends when the AF and the bonus posts. Sometimes you can get the points and then cancel.

bdsisme May 31, 2014 9:29 am

Just applied, no US airways status (just input my dividend miles number), 2 apps (non-Barclays) in the past month. No immediate decision, application under review.

MYRflyer Jun 1, 2014 1:31 pm

Approved, 4th card in last two years. Hate to see this one end. :cool:

Superorb Jun 1, 2014 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by MYRflyer (Post 22960786)
Approved, 4th card in last two years. Hate to see this one end. :cool:

Have you ever kept the previous card(s) open before applying for the next one?

MYRflyer Jun 2, 2014 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 22962633)
Have you ever kept the previous card(s) open before applying for the next one?

No, I always close existing card before applying for a new one. ymmv

Superorb Jun 2, 2014 11:51 am

Originally Posted by MYRflyer (Post 22962988)
No, I always close existing card before applying for a new one. ymmv

How much time do you wait between canceling and applying? Do you get the anniversary points and then cancel to avoid AF?

robbierob03 Jun 2, 2014 2:38 pm

Is the current advice still to let a pending application go decline before calling reconsideration? I applied for a second card with the first still open (have had open over a year but got the annual fee refunded) with a valid FF number with Gold status last week. The app status site still says it's pending so I know it went through.

flyer4512 Jun 2, 2014 2:54 pm

Is the 30K +10k no annual fee link still good ?

It takes me to the app page but I just wanted to make sure someone here has had recent success.

Thanks

Stgermainparis Jun 2, 2014 4:37 pm

Is this card like the Amex Skymiles and SW Visa card in that the points move over to the airline point system automatically? [Unlike Amex MR, which you have to manually move.] I ask b/c I will likely apply for this card and then cancel upon 1 year anniversary. I want to make sure points won't be deleted.

Also, I don't see on the offer anything about anniversary points. Is that still active on the 40k point offer (fee not waived)?

flyerwanabe1 Jun 2, 2014 7:09 pm

Only one time out of 7 that I got the 15k miles offer twice within a year. The one time I got it I was able to clear it before the annual fee hits. So it is likely an anomaly since another one of the 7 didn't even get the offer once.

skitch23 Jun 2, 2014 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 22967248)
Also, I don't see on the offer anything about anniversary points. Is that still active on the 40k point offer (fee not waived)?

I don't think anyone here can give you a firm answer about the anniversary miles. This card is going thru some changes and this is one item that hasn't been addressed yet. Read more here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...astercard.html

tdrag97 Jun 3, 2014 4:12 pm

Hey guys.. how do you remove the old or cancel US card from our online account? 1st time chrum on this card and the 2nd card and the old card both in the account. Didn't want to call them to ask them to remove due to reasome.. lol