Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

The special credit card offers master thread [Subscription]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Click HERE to read the summary of current credit card offers in post #1. Most offers are from USA card issuers for US citizens and residents.

The thread is maintained by UA Fan. Contact him by PM to suggest that a credit card offer be added or removed from the summary.

This thread was closed to discussion in July, 2011. It is now a subscription thread.

To subscribe to the thread click Thread Tools > Subscribe to this Thread > Notification Type. FlyerTalk will notify you each time a new post is added to the thread.
Print Wikipost

The special credit card offers master thread [Subscription]

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2011, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I am unable to get more cards of anything for now.

Well, maybe one from bofa, but that first 35k Hawaiian one from bofa listed earlier in this thread is a dead link. Ah well.
Old May 15, 2011, 1:42 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I am unable to get more cards of anything for now.

Well, maybe one from bofa, but that first 35k Hawaiian one from bofa listed earlier in this thread is a dead link. Ah well.
this va card is bofa, pretty decent deal https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCC...ntry?sc=UABKIX
Old May 15, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by metallim
this va card is bofa, pretty decent deal https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCC...ntry?sc=UABKIX
Especially given that a) VS has confirmed they are going to join an alliance this year or b) you can transfer 1-1 to Hilton
Old May 15, 2011, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
thanks!

of course, can this earn miles from coins? I heard some AA Citi Amex cards cannot
Old May 15, 2011, 4:32 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Thanks. Too bad the $90 fee is not waived.
Old May 15, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: gold, titanium, platinum and diamond, but still no giraffe.
this card requires you to read the T&Cs. it's not a straight 65K offer.

50K card easy if you're not going to buy money with this...
20K after first purchase
25K after 750 in 90 days
5K to add 2 auth users (2500 each)

The 15K in anniversary bonus are 7500 if you spend 15K in the first year and another 7500 if you spend 25K. Also, at 25K annual spend you get a "companion economy award ticket at half the required miles"

But, it is BoA and there are few good offers from them so auth your mom & dad and let them help you get to England.... :-)

Old May 15, 2011, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by beachmiles
Thanks. Too bad the $90 fee is not waived.
BOA never seems to waive their fees. Does anyone have the link to the FT discussion or know if there is an expiration date?

Also Virgin always seemed to have a high bonus with their credit card, is this a special offer?

Thanks.
Old May 16, 2011, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Especially given that a) VS has confirmed they are going to join an alliance this year or b) you can transfer 1-1 to Hilton
I have 100,000 with the BOA card, originally hoping to use them with their alliance partner delta. Called in the other day and it appears there is no hope to use them with delta. I had the csr look for ANY flights over a 4 month period giving her 3 routes. Cincinnati to lax, cancun or puerto vallarta. I think she found one available one way flight out of all the looking. The months I was looking at was nov thru march 2012. So not sure what to do with the points now. Nothing else on their alliance page looks at all interesting to me.
Old May 16, 2011, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by thebestman36
I have 100,000 with the BOA card, originally hoping to use them with their alliance partner delta. Called in the other day and it appears there is no hope to use them with delta. I had the csr look for ANY flights over a 4 month period giving her 3 routes. Cincinnati to lax, cancun or puerto vallarta. I think she found one available one way flight out of all the looking. The months I was looking at was nov thru march 2012. So not sure what to do with the points now. Nothing else on their alliance page looks at all interesting to me.
Like I say you could transfer to Hilton 1-to-1. Or you can wait until they join a real alliance, which is likely to happen this year (though in fairness may not complete until later). Unfortunately they are notoriously poor for partner redemptions
Old May 16, 2011, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Or you can wait until they join a real alliance, which is likely to happen this year (though in fairness may not complete until later).
Do you have link for this? Searched in the FT forum and did not see anything.
Old May 16, 2011, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Do you have link for this? Searched in the FT forum and did not see anything.
There should be some discussion in the VS forum and there was also some in the Delta forum as DL were rumored as a potential buyer. VS have engaged Deutsche Bank to explore sale options

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...ls-future.html
Old May 16, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA, USair, United, Amex MR, ICHC, HHonors Silver
heh, i was actually unaware of both. but, they do have decent availability from north america to london. and you could book one ways as well, so it never hurts to have 50k points lying around.
Old May 16, 2011, 1:16 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
heh, i was actually unaware of both. but, they do have decent availability from north america to london. and you could book one ways as well, so it never hurts to have 50k points lying around.
I have 15K VS miles from Hertz rentals. 1100 miles per rental and no FF surcharge. Used to credit BMI but they quit Hertz.
Old May 16, 2011, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

You can redeem on CO and US for domestic itins without YQ.
Old May 16, 2011, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
You can redeem on CO and US for domestic itins without YQ.
Unfortunately by all accounts extremely difficult and standard availability on either airline does not equate to being able to book with VS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.