Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experience with MC extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2010, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Experience with MC extended warranty

I have used this benefit from AMEX in the past and was wondering how MC extended warranty compares to amex.

I normally put all my gadget purchased on my SPG amex because they double the original manufacturers warranty.

I just noticed on my new citi AA world elite mastercard that this feature is also included.

has any one here had to use this benefit?
has any one here had experience with both amex and MC?

thanks!

Last edited by azmmza; Nov 29, 2010 at 10:51 pm
Old Nov 30, 2010, 2:48 am

Programs: UA, AA
I did use the extended warranty service from CITI, and the entire process was long and arduous. You need to submit documents after documents (including your homeowner's insurance declaration page). I did get manage to get my claim approved, but now I use SPG Amex exclusively for anything I might use warranty service in the future.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:47 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by nydad
I did use the extended warranty service from CITI, and the entire process was long and arduous. You need to submit documents after documents (including your homeowner's insurance declaration page). I did get manage to get my claim approved, but now I use SPG Amex exclusively for anything I might use warranty service in the future.
I have heard similar stories (NOT personal experience) on other branded MCs. In general, Amex is the way to go with card-related benefits, including extended warranty service.

LAX
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
I have used Citi MC for claiming Extended Warranty coverage a couple of times and I have never been asked to submit Homeowners insurance. My claims have been handled professionally and everything has proceeded very smoothly. I faxed them all the documents that they needed and my claim was processed successfully within 2 business days with a check in the mail shortly thereafter.

I do not have any experience dealign with AMEX so I cannot offer a comparison.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.