Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HSBC Premier vs CitiGold

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2013, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Wow, I find that very surprising. Did you try to withdraw money from multiple banks in Canada - or just one?
Just one withdrawal needed on that particular trip. I've used Citi ATM fine on subsequent trips.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by edcli
Just one withdrawal needed on that particular trip. I've used Citi ATM fine on subsequent trips.
So it may have been an issue with Citi at one particular bank. Annoying, but unclear if you walked down the street to another bank/atm, you'd have probably been fine.

In Ukraine and Romania, you cannot use HSBC at any bank in the country. Period. As far as I'm concerned, that's absolutely ridiculous (it wouldn't be if they provided prior notice, but since their policy is not to do this, it's unquestionably poor form).

2 ATM cards when traveling are a must.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:39 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of the HSBC (USA) Premier MasterCard rewards program has been transferred to the established thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...astercard.html
Old Jul 12, 2014, 5:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime)
Just my $0.02 on this conversation.

I have been an HSBC Premier customer for 5 years now, and overall they have been a solid B+ in terms of service. Still a few annoyances here and there that I've learned to live with. The biggest problem I have is that HSBC no longer has any means to electronically download your transactions, e.g. Quicken, QuickBooks, Xero. If you want to reconcile your books, get ready to use pencil and paper. When I inquired why HSBC doesn't have this service, they claimed it was not important to their customers so they stopped supporting it.

For that reason alone, my accountant is begging me to change banks. It would be interesting to see a side-by-side comparison between the "premier" banking relationships that Citi, Chase, HSBC and a couple others offer. Post here if someone knows of a review where this was done.

Cheers.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Citi Priority charges a $17.50 fee for outgoing wires. I tried to find the HSBC Premier fee and finally had to chat with an agent because I couldn't find it. Here was what they said:

"The fee is not a fixed amount. As such we are unable to provide you the information as requested. However, please be assured that the amount of the fee will be available in the Pre-Payment and Receipt Disclosures you will receive at the time of your wire transaction."

I really can't stand HSBC and their policies. They continue to be one of the worst banks I've ever dealt with. I want to know the fees without having to go through a lengthy process only to find out they are egregious. Guessing since they make you jump through hoops to get it - they are quite high. Ugh.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.