Annual Fee prorated refund?

Old Feb 4, 2010, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GOld, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Question Annual Fee prorated refund?

My husband passed away recently. In the process of going through and cleaning up stuff, I, of course, cancelled all the credit cards that were in his name. Is it reasonable to expect the CC company to refund a prorated annual fee for the portion of the year he did not live?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hog Heaven
My husband passed away recently. In the process of going through and cleaning up stuff, I, of course, cancelled all the credit cards that were in his name. Is it reasonable to expect the CC company to refund a prorated annual fee for the portion of the year he did not live?
It depends on cards. No for Chase and BofA which would refund in full if the cards are canceled within 60 days of opening. Past that, 0.

Citi in the past would pro-rate, but my experience is 2 or 3 years old. You need to call Citi to find out.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA:1MM
citi pro-rated a card i dropped from annual fee to no annual fee version in 2009.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.