Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Last COVID booster longer than 270 days

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2022, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

I can't find the answer to this question ANYWHERE. Passenger traveling to SPAIN from the USA (US Citizen) . Entry requirements are 'fully vaxxed, but last shot must not be longer than 270 days ago".
Passenger has Moderna and is triple shotted . Third shot was in November of last year definitely longer than 270 days.

SIDE NOTE: Spain does allow for a negative test instead of the vaccine so my passenger could take a test. I'm really curious tho about the '270 day' rule.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:06 pm

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...lly-vaccinated

"If you have received a booster, you are considered fully vaccinated for entry into Spain. As soon as you receive your booster, you are considered fully vaccinated with immediate effect. There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs"

Since Brexit, both UK and US are basically the same as far as spain is concerned (i.e. they are both countries outside the EU). Since there's tons of tourists from UK to Spain, their foreign website is more diligent about keeping uptodate with spanish entry rules.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nomiiiii
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...lly-vaccinated

"If you have received a booster, you are considered fully vaccinated for entry into Spain. As soon as you receive your booster, you are considered fully vaccinated with immediate effect. There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs"

Since Brexit, both UK and US are basically the same as far as spain is concerned (i.e. they are both countries outside the EU). Since there's tons of tourists from UK to Spain, their foreign website is more diligent about keeping uptodate with spanish entry rules.

This is in the same article above:

If you are aged 18 or over and have not received a booster, but have received two doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine approved for use by Spain, then at least 14 days and no more than 270 days must have passed since your last dose, to qualify as fully vaccinated.

Are you saying then since pax is triple vaxxed he does not need to worry about the 270 day rule?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 5:18 pm

Yeah they shouldn't need to worry.

You can also check on https://www.united.com/en/us/timatic - in there one of the entry conditions is "they were fully vaccinated and received a booster dose", which is different from another possible entry condition "they were vaccinated atmost 270 days"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.