Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

List of Airlines that require / do not require a face mask

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of Airlines that require / do not require a face mask

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:45 am

Masks are required at all NY airports but enforcement is lax so many people violate the mandate.

Last edited by nyoka; Jul 25, 2022 at 5:29 am
Old Jul 25, 2022, 5:49 am
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
We’ve had a few opinions posted on what people think of violating regulations or of governments that do/don’t require masks. I have removed those. This thread asks a simple question as to which airports do/don’t require masks. It asks for facts, not further debate on what you think of those regulations. Please stick to facts.

Thanks,
l etoile
forum mod
Rare and DaveS like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SSF556
Thats what I am looking for…what Govt is requiring its airlines to still use masks….Qatar?
I was scheduled to go to DXB earlier this month, and the KLM flight from AMS-DXB was requiring masks because they are required indoors there and at the airport. Since cases were rising and they mentioned possible random testing/mandatory quarantine, I canceled my trip...
Old Jul 26, 2022, 11:56 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, AmEx Plat, Agnostic on Airline Programs
Traveling SQ right now: definitely a requirement both on the way to FRA and SIN. Sitting in FRA airport, not sure there's still that mask rule in the books, but almost less than half the people around me are wearing a mask, which include some workers.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by northinsouth
Sitting in FRA airport, not sure there's still that mask rule in the books
No, just on the actual plane at this time. (And other public transit vehicles).
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
I don't believe that is correct. I am pretty sure airports in the State of NY require facemasks such as JFK.
When I landed at JFK a couple of weeks ago almost no one was wearing a mask. There was also no announcement or any signs. There was a rather ridiculous sign at baggage claim saying that if you think you have a cold it might be measles, but nothing (that I saw) saying that you had to wear a mask.

So, this might depend on your definition of "require". It's not communicated, enforced, or even suggested that you wear a mask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.