Search

Post Entry US requirements

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2022, 3:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHilton Gold, *wood Gold and BA Amex Prem Plus
Post Entry US requirements

Hello

I am travelling to the US next month with my 11 year old who hasn’t been ‘fully vaccinated’ for US purposes. She can enter the country, but I need to complete a somewhat opaque Attestation Form, which says that she will be tested 3-5 days post arrival. Does anyone have experience of these post arrival tests and if so, what (presumably lateral flow) and where they are conducted/can be purchased?

I’ve looked through various threads and can’t find an answer to my query.

Thanks
whitewave likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
It's an attestation form saying you will get the test. However, the US has no centralized way for you to report the test. I am NOT suggesting you break the law based on what you are going to attest to but if you happen not to get the test absolutely no one will know. If you do decide to get the test (go to Walgreens/CVS/etc. and buy at at-home test), you have no way to report the results. They are for your own edification.

-RM
whitewave likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 4:26 am

You should have no problems finding an at home test to take at any drug store (pharmacy, chemist etc). We are basically on our own here with health care, so just take care of your child as you would and take the test so you know what to do. (Mask on the plane. My daughter caught Covid going to Ireland and that was 7 solid sick days that were like a very bad flu and she couldn’t get out of the bed).

Good luck and enjoy!
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
You can either buy a home antigen test or easily get various tests at drug store chains (drive through or in store) or community testing centers (which typically are free for everyone, including nonresidents). Airport test centers will be expensive and might have long lines. Appointments for a test might be required or desirable. Google something like "COVID-19 test near me" or go to the CVS or Walgreens website to find locations, hours, and other details. IME some of the community testing centers offer the Vault saliva PCR test, which your child might prefer to the nose swab.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.