Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Positive Test in Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2022, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Positive Test in Costa Rica

Tested positive on Monday before a Tuesday flight. Costa Rica has a mandatory 7 day quarantine, which pushes our stay through May 29 because day 1 starts when you get your positive test. If I get a certificate of medical recovery on May 30, can I fly home on May 31, or do I need to quarantine for another 3 days, based on CDC guidelines? My symptoms started on May 19, as what I thought were allergies.
Old May 24, 2022, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by kipper
Tested positive on Monday before a Tuesday flight. Costa Rica has a mandatory 7 day quarantine, which pushes our stay through May 29 because day 1 starts when you get your positive test. If I get a certificate of medical recovery on May 30, can I fly home on May 31, or do I need to quarantine for another 3 days, based on CDC guidelines? My symptoms started on May 19, as what I thought were allergies.
I think if you have the positive result and the recovery certificate, the exact dates won't matter to the person checking. They need to see two docs to meet the recovery qualification, and you will have that. I sincerely doubt they will parse the different recovery timelines between US CDC and Costa Rica equivalent agency.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old May 24, 2022, 11:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by DCJoe1
I think if you have the positive result and the recovery certificate, the exact dates won't matter to the person checking. They need to see two docs to meet the recovery qualification, and you will have that. I sincerely doubt they will parse the different recovery timelines between US CDC and Costa Rica equivalent agency.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.