Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

With USA mask mandate ending, will the USA entry COVID test go away?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

With USA mask mandate ending, will the USA entry COVID test go away?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2022, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by LuckyStrike
Their body, their choice.
Right! That's my choice and my rights.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ESpen36

However, NON-US Citizens/LPRs must show CBP proof of full vaccination upon arrival, whether traveling by air, land, or sea.
I drove into the U.S about 4-5 times after the land borders are open, only one time the cbp offiicer asked if I am vaccinated but didn't ask me for any proof, other officers just completely ignore the vaccine requirement.
Auto Enthusiast and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by js1993
Also, if we're keeping score, the "inexperienced" judge has more experience in her job than Walensky has in hers, and, unlike Walensky, was confirmed by the Senate.
Walensky received her MD in 1995. She started teaching medicine at Harvard in 2001, having been a research fellow since 1998. She became the chair at the NIH AIDS reseach council in 2014. Kathryn Kimbell was born in 1987 and received her law degree in 2012. What kind of bizarroworld are you living in where you believe the Walensky is less qualified than Kathryn Kimbell? You really need to find a source of news that does not avoid libel lawsuits by calling itself "entertainment news."

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Apr 19, 2022 at 11:38 pm Reason: Remove personal attack to comply with Rule 12.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:33 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by downinit
Walensky received her MD in 1995. She started teaching medicine at Harvard in 2001, having been a research fellow since 1998. She became the chair at the NIH AIDS reseach council in 2014. Kathryn Kimbell was born in 1987 and received her law degree in 2012. What kind of bizarroworld are you living in where you believe the Walensky is less qualified than Kathryn Kimbell? You really need to find a source of news that does not avoid libel lawsuits by calling itself "entertainment news."
Complete non sequitur. The topic was experience in their current jobs.

It seems you're trying to get the thread locked with OMNI-type content, so I'm done replying to you.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Apr 19, 2022 at 11:39 pm Reason: Align quote with mod edit.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K (no longer serviced!), Bonvoy P, Hyatt G
Originally Posted by Collierkr
which countries don’t have access to vaccines that you are concerned about?
China does not offer its citizens a choice of which vaccine. If you got a non WHO vaccine, tough luck.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:28 pm
Rd3

Programs: HH Dia, Marriott Titanium, AA Gold, UA Silver
The biggest mistake made was not waving the testing requirement for Vaccinated and/or boosted US Citizens-I know the perception of intl' travelers as affluent/more likely to be vaccinated, but it may have had a slight positive impact on vac. rates, especially among the folks who fly Spirit/Southwest to CUN/PUJ/MBJ for cheap vacations.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: WN, Alaska, AA, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by downinit
Current jobs? So being an expert in medicine and infectious disease does not qualify as experience relevant to the CDC? Clearly Faux News has decimated your frontal lobe beyond repair.
The problem is the "experts" in infectious disease have been dead wrong nearly every step of the way. We were told to not mask, then mask, then double mask. We were told to stay 6 feet apart, which by the CDC's admission was a number pulled out of thin air. We know that the vaccines have a very limited window of efficacy, and then the vaccinated can spread COVID and contract it just as much as the unvaccinated. The goal posts have moved so many times, we can't even see the original starting point. The CDC and current administration will give no criteria for when they will end the masking, testing, vax requirements etc. So a judge ended some of it for them.

It should be noted that if they had it their way, we'd all be required to get endless shots just to work and put food on the table. Thankfully the Supreme court got that one right.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:34 pm

Programs: American Airlines (Executive Platinum), Hyatt (Globalist), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Rd3
The biggest mistake made was not waving the testing requirement for Vaccinated and/or boosted US Citizens-I know the perception of intl' travelers as affluent/more likely to be vaccinated, but it may have had a slight positive impact on vac. rates, especially among the folks who fly Spirit/Southwest to CUN/PUJ/MBJ for cheap vacations.
Covid is spreading like wildfire among the "vaccinated." What difference would that have made?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 9:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by acardio
The problem is the "experts" in infectious disease have been dead wrong nearly every step of the way. We were told to not mask, then mask, then double mask. We were told to stay 6 feet apart, which by the CDC's admission was a number pulled out of thin air. We know that the vaccines have a very limited window of efficacy, and then the vaccinated can spread COVID and contract it just as much as the unvaccinated. The goal posts have moved so many times, we can't even see the original starting point. The CDC and current administration will give no criteria for when they will end the masking, testing, vax requirements etc. So a judge ended some of it for them.

It should be noted that if they had it their way, we'd all be required to get endless shots just to work and put food on the table. Thankfully the Supreme court got that one right.
So glad to see the pushback against the narrative. People eyes have been opened and the covid testing is being understood for the scam it is and always has been. If you feel sick and you have covid symptoms, go get a covid test. Anything else, is futile and counterproductive and society destroying.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Covid is spreading like wildfire among the "vaccinated." What difference would that have made?
Not arguing with the point that vaccinated people can catch and spread COVID, but outside of travel, more vaccinated people would have had the effect of lowering the number of hospitalizations and deaths, which is a good thing. For travel, yea probably not much actual effect.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:49 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
IMOH, the judge gave the current admin cover for lifting the mask mandate because no one wanted to take the political risk. I think it will take another judge to rule on covid testing to give them more cover to say "we tried but a Trump judge" said no no. Also, the current talk about appealing if the CDC wants it would be total political suicide at this point based on my non scientific reading of all the celebrations from both passengers and FA's aboard the planes.

Old Apr 19, 2022, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by uastarflyer
This has got to go. In fact I would have traded wearing masks another 20-30 days for removing this immediately. Overseas testing within 24hr of flight is a burden.

I appreciate UA’s travel ready site and clearly outlining the requirements and links to abide by them. It is pretty clearly spelled out. But I hope that site can be condensed to just 1-2 exceptions soon!

Incidentally, I can’t recall a transpac in the ‘00s or ‘10s without 20-40 mask wearing passengers, which I assume will continue.
​​​​​​Totally agree with you! Overseas testing makes no sense at all. I will gladly wear a mask over taking a test any day of the week. Wearing a mask is really no big deal, and I'm stunned at how politicized this has become.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
The virus doesn’t stand a chance against those UA branded industrial strength wipes.

the onerous testing should have been limited to unvaccinated if only as further incentive to get jabbed. Putting it on everyone, especially now, is going way too far.

Hopefully UA and the airlines can lobby to end this requirement as well
Yep. I much rather everyone targeted the testing requirement rather than the mask. There are many things that I would like to change, but eliminating the testing requirement is #1 on my list.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
​​​​​​Totally agree with you! Overseas testing makes no sense at all. I will gladly wear a mask over taking a test any day of the week. Wearing a mask is really no big deal, and I'm stunned at how politicized this has become.
I'm stunned by how silly this is. Testing at least keeps some Covid cases off planes and out of the U.S. Masks do no such thing.

(I'm opposed to the testing, too, but if only one of the two is going to be kept, the testing is the obvious choice.)
ksucats likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm stunned by how silly this is. Testing at least keeps some Covid cases off planes and out of the U.S. Masks do no such thing.
The rapid tests aren't even that accurate, so there's no need to set that as a requirement to board a plane for the US. Wearing a mask is really not that big of a deal. I don't understand why anyone would rather take a rapid test over wearing a mask.
SouthernCanada likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.