Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Vaccination requirements for transit through Brazil

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2022, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Hello, is it ok for unvaccinated to transit through Brazil? Have to go through immigration in Sao Paulo and get bag and check it again.
Was okay to do this in Madrid and it was fine.
Anyone know about Brazil?
Old Mar 23, 2022, 8:45 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flyingheadache
Hello, is it ok for unvaccinated to transit through Brazil? Have to go through immigration in Sao Paulo and get bag and check it again.
Was okay to do this in Madrid and it was fine.
Anyone know about Brazil?
I believe all requirements to enter Brasil apply for transit as well.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Brandinho1
I believe all requirements to enter Brasil apply for transit as well.
Thanks. Do you have a link to Brasil migrations department with the rules on this? I can't find it anywhere.
Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks. Do you have a link to Brasil migrations department with the rules on this? I can't find it anywhere.
https://br.usembassy.gov/travel-advi...n-requirement/
Old Mar 23, 2022, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

https://www.gov.br/anvisa/pt-br/assu...trada-portaria
Looks like not needed if you stay in the restricted area and don't go through immigration.

1) Comprovante de teste negativo ou não detectável para Covid-19

teste de antígeno (realizado em até 24 horas anteriores ao momento do embarque); ou
teste laboratorial RT-PCR (realizado em até 72 horas anteriores ao momento do embarque).
No caso de voo com conexões ou escalas em que o viajante saia da área restrita do aeroporto e/ou realize migração, e que ultrapasse as 72 horas desde a realização do teste RT-PCR ou as 24 horas do teste de antígeno, o viajante deverá apresentar documento comprobatório da realização de novo teste.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 2:33 pm

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
But if you go through immigration, you aren't transiting. You're entering the country just leaving quickly. Normal entry rules will apply.
Old Mar 28, 2022, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Catbert10
But if you go through immigration, you aren't transiting. You're entering the country just leaving quickly. Normal entry rules will apply.
Yes, but it Spain they did not require vaccination because they understood entry was for transit.
Old Mar 29, 2022, 1:07 pm

Yes, but it Spain they did not require vaccination because they understood entry was for transit.
Spain is part of Schengen, where you pass through immigration at the point of entry even though you are continuing on to another country within the Schengen zone. For Brazil, if you're transiting to another international destination, you don't go through immigration. If you pass through immigration, you are entering Brazil. I'm honestly curious why you are entering Brazil if transiting to another international destination. Is it because you are on two separate tickets with checked luggage?
Old Mar 29, 2022, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Catbert10
Spain is part of Schengen, where you pass through immigration at the point of entry even though you are continuing on to another country within the Schengen zone. For Brazil, if you're transiting to another international destination, you don't go through immigration. If you pass through immigration, you are entering Brazil. I'm honestly curious why you are entering Brazil if transiting to another international destination. Is it because you are on two separate tickets with checked luggage?
Yes, that's right. 2 tickets, checked luggage. Think I have to re-check the luggage.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:25 am

With two tickets, the carrier on the first ticket probably won't view it as transit even if you didn't have to leave the immigration area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.