Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Travel from Canada To India Via Frankfurt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2022, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

I am travelling with my family from Canada To India Transit Via Frankfurt

- Me and my wife are double vaccinated and Boosted
- My daughter is 8 Years and is double vaccinated 20 days back
- My son is 3 years old

Do i need any kind of testing for this travel? Either for Frankfurt? or to India from Frankfurt ? - transit is about 5 Hrs in FRA
Old Feb 15, 2022, 1:07 am

Unless you are Indian, an overseas citizen of India or resident in the EU, you cannot travel

https://www.civilaviation.gov.in/en/...nsport-bubbles
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Really!? One of my kids only has a visa !!! And I have booked the tickets
Old Feb 15, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by southiesouth
Really!? One of my kids only has a visa !!! And I have booked the tickets
Being able to book tickets doesn't mean you are eligible of entry. Hopefully you can cancel or change your dates.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus
I dont think thats correct, I have read many reports of visa holders entering. This line is important:
Foreigners (including diplomats) holding a valid Indian visa as per extant guidelines.
N1120A likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dipthought
I dont think thats correct, I have read many reports of visa holders entering. This line is important:
Foreigners (including diplomats) holding a valid Indian visa as per extant guidelines.
where did you read ? Anyone know the best way to confirm ?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by southiesouth
where did you read ? Anyone know the best way to confirm ?
Information and data points on air bubbles here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/indi...l-allowed.html

Should not be a problem, but you fly at your own risk.

Check visa eligibility to enter India.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by dipthought
I don't have any experience but this is what it says for the Germany-India bubble:B. From Germany to India

iii. All foreign nationals (from any country in EU/Schengen area, South America or Africa only) holding a valid Indian visa as per extant guidelines; and

Then again Qatar has the same clause and people seem to report successful transit in Doha.
N1120A likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 5:45 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, Vistara Gold, Accor/IHG Platinum, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mpkz
iii. All foreign nationals (from any country in EU/Schengen area, South America or Africa only) holding a valid Indian visa as per extant guidelines
The bolded part is the important one, which doesn't seem to be consistently enforced but depending on the day, weather, mood, person (or whatever else omen) it can be and people have been denied boarding. The only airlines currently permitted to carry travelers from Canada to India are Indian carriers and Air Canada.

Which airline is the OP flying with, specifically, which airline's flight numbers are on the ticket? For the US, for example, KLM/AF operated flights with DL flight numbers are allowed to carry passengers to/from India but AF/KL coded flights are not. This could be the same for Canada as well, if OP is flying on Air Canada or Air India numbered flights or the tickets are on Air India, which does operate flights from FRA. It could also be LH operated flights, but as long as they have AC code, it could work too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.