Wiki Posts
Search

Mask question for Flights.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2021, 3:34 pm
BNA
Original Poster

Mask question for Flights.

Hi, i am flying soon and need to know if this type of mask is ok to wear on a flight?
Its a Powered air respirator with a hepa that blows air into my mask, and the mask has no exhaust valve,
Has anyone had luck wearing one of these on a flight? I'm going overseas soon and was curious,
it helps tremendously With Asthma.

Old Nov 20, 2021, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Here's the official DL requirements for face masks.

https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-p...-go/face-masks
Old Nov 21, 2021, 1:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BNA
Hi, i am flying soon and need to know if this type of mask is ok to wear on a flight?
Its a Powered air respirator with a hepa that blows air into my mask, and the mask has no exhaust valve,
Has anyone had luck wearing one of these on a flight? I'm going overseas soon and was curious,
it helps tremendously With Asthma.
No on multiple levels. One that really is a valve, just a hose hooked to it. Also, two the air purifier part would need to be FAA approved for use onboard.

Are you in Y or J?

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Nov 24, 2021 at 1:54 am Reason: Removed image from quoted post.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
It's about 100% that it won't be considered compliant with Delta's policies. Since the primary purpose of the approved masks is to filter your exhaled breath, it would have to be an approved type to qualify. The valve would disqualify it anyway,

However, double masking is a regular occurrence. If you wore a surgical mask or KN95 on your face and this mask over it, you'd be compliant. That combination should give you sufficient air pressure through the surgical mask.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 10:00 pm
BNA
Original Poster

It turns out its ok with Delta,
I Talked to them 2 days ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.