Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Egypt Travel: Covid Test with Lab Stamp or QR Code

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2021, 10:16 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

My wife and I are travelling to Egypt in about 2 weeks. One of the requirements is an original COVID PCR test result that is stamped by the lab doing the test or a PCR test result that includes a QR code which verifies your information. I have got several covid tests but none have ever been originals that were stamped or contained a QR code. I am located in Seattle, WA and cannot find a provider that includes the Stamp and/or QR code. Does anyone know if a national provider who does this or a local provider to Seattle who does this?

The only ones I have been able to find are in LA and Philadelphia which would obviously be a problem.

Any help you can provide would be great.
Old Sep 25, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
If your local medical center runs their own tests, ask if they would be willing to stamp it. Ours figured out something to accommodate us for an upcoming trip in case we coulnd't find a test that came with a QR code (which they couldn't do. We live in Minnesota)

We did eventually find a chain in Wisconsin that would do it and just a week or two ago Wandertest at the MSP airport added it to their test for travel results. Specifically for Egypt travel

It took a bit of searching but having the lab willing to hand stamp as a backup was helpful. Even our travel med office at the hospital was at a loss of what to do
AsiaTraveler likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 10:51 am

If you're from Seattle, you can try to get tested via SolvHealth or UW Medicine https://ecare.uwmedicine.org/PROD01/Home/

They don't stamp/qr-code the actual results (which are retreived online), but when you go get tested (atleast when I did 3-4 months ago) they both give you a sheet with a QR code which can be used to access the results.

Now I haven't used this for Egypt travel so I can't guarantee that this will work for your case, but I did use these tests for Pakistan travel which had a similar (unenforced) requirement that qr code is needed. In the end no one cared or checked for my qr code, but I had the test sheet with qr code available in case someone asked.

If I were you, I'd use that, and arrive at airport early - if they quibble, Seatac airport itself has pcr tests for $250 and they hand-deliver printed results within 1 hour, you can drop by seatac airport today and ask them if as part of hand-delivery they can please stamp it also.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by kbooks66
My wife and I are travelling to Egypt in about 2 weeks. One of the requirements is an original COVID PCR test result that is stamped by the lab doing the test or a PCR test result that includes a QR code which verifies your information. I have got several covid tests but none have ever been originals that were stamped or contained a QR code. I am located in Seattle, WA and cannot find a provider that includes the Stamp and/or QR code. Does anyone know if a national provider who does this or a local provider to Seattle who does this?

The only ones I have been able to find are in LA and Philadelphia which would obviously be a problem.

Any help you can provide would be great.
there are labs and test centers that are willing to stamp it, or even write you a separate letter that verify its authenticity
usually that requires additional $, or maybe they are already are charging a lot of $$ to begin with that they will do it complimentary

i suggest you look into test centers that cater a lot to travelers heading to china, japan where the country has stringent requirements.
usually places like this are more aware of nuances related to covid testing for travel purposes.
such request requires a phone call. not something you can communicate easily by email.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 8:03 pm

Egypt PCr

I live in Seattle and was in Egypt in August. Actually I didn’t get PCR test because I showed them my vaccine certificate with QR code. You can get a PcR test that contains QR code using either Uw testing site for free or worksite labs for $90 for less than 24 turnover. You can also use vaccinecheck.us they will verify your vaccine documents and issue a vaccine pass with QR code. I hope that helps.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 4:31 pm

I’m going to Egypt next month and also live in Seattle. What did you end up using, OP?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 5:09 pm

Egypt

Originally Posted by forthecookies
I’m going to Egypt next month and also live in Seattle. What did you end up using, OP?
I’m going next month as well. I was in Egypt in august and in fact didn’t get any PcR here because I got my vaccine certificate including QR code. The only thing I would tell you is, each airline has different rules because some countries require PcR for transit and some don’t. Which airlines are you flying? When in November? Where in seattle do you live? I grew up in Cairo so I know the language and rules and that makes it easier for airlines I always have an answer.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Seattleguy10
I’m going next month as well. I was in Egypt in august and in fact didn’t get any PcR here because I got my vaccine certificate including QR code. The only thing I would tell you is, each airline has different rules because some countries require PcR for transit and some don’t. Which airlines are you flying? When in November? Where in seattle do you live? I grew up in Cairo so I know the language and rules and that makes it easier for airlines I always have an answer.
I’m flying Qatar. Which QR code system did you use for the vaccine, assuming you got vaccinated in the US and have the CDC card?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 7:44 pm

Qatar

I’m flying Qatar. Which QR code system did you use for the vaccine, assuming you got vaccinated in the US and have the CDC card?
I flew Qatar as well. Egypt doesn’t accept CDC cards. You have to have a vaccine certificate that has QR code. They don’t scan it in Egypt but Qatar might even though they didn’t scan mine. DOH provide a QR code now so you could log in and get one. Otherwise you could use vaccinecheck.us they will charge you $24.99 and create a digital certificate. When I flew last time they used to charge $2.99 for one month but now they only allow annual memebership but you can scan it anywhere unlike DOH. DOh QR code require a specific app to scan
forthecookies likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 7:49 pm

also, on the way back Qatar staff don’t recognize antigen test, you will have to take PCR test. If you are with a tour agency they usually arrange it from hotel.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Seattleguy10
also, on the way back Qatar staff don’t recognize antigen test, you will have to take PCR test. If you are with a tour agency they usually arrange it from hotel.
I’m flying Egyptair back and have found a couple of data points that they’re fine with the eMed rapid tests, so that’s my plan. That’s weird about Qatar though because I know people have used the eMed rapid test to fly them back to the US in general.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:17 pm

Test

I’m flying Egyptair back and have found a couple of data points that they’re fine with the eMed rapid tests, so that’s my plan. That’s weird about Qatar though because I know people have used the eMed rapid test to fly them back to the US in general.
if you check on Qatar’s website, it will mention antigen or PcR test. The problem is that the ground staff are usually third party like the US and they are only used to PcR test. One more thing about Labs in Egypt is that they don’t give you a QR code on antigen or rapid tests because they go with PcR as one size fits all, plus it is more expensive. Are you using a travel agent or flying on your own? Travel agents usually arrange that for almost the same fee as private labs.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 12:33 am

There are 3 ways that I know of to get a QR coded vaccine certificate:
1. VaxYes from GoGetVax
2. V-safe from CDC
3. HealthPass from CLEAR

All are free. We used V-safe to board Qatar in ATL and VaxYes to enter Egypt last week. VaxYes is easier to use because it goes in your phone wallet and you won't need an internet connection.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 9:49 am

Egypt

Originally Posted by KikiS
1. VaxYes from GoGetVax
2. V-safe from CDC
3. HealthPass from CLEAR

All are free. We used V-safe to board Qatar in ATL and VaxYes to enter Egypt last week. VaxYes is easier to use because it goes in your phone wallet and you won't need an internet connection.
I didn’t like VaxYEs because it looked like it verified anything you added there. I also thought Qatar needed a printed version. Egyptian health authorities will take anything that has a QR code. When I flew in July, I had clear pass but didn’t know if I can use it since it was online only.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 10:26 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by KikiS
1. VaxYes from GoGetVax
2. V-safe from CDC
3. HealthPass from CLEAR

If you got vaccinated at a CVS location, you can get a QR code from them (Smart Health card).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.