Search

Schengen Visa - UK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2021, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN (*G), BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Schengen Visa - UK

Hi!

I have done a lot of searches on this but am struggling to find an answer - Are there any countries currently issuing short term tourism Schengen Visas in the UK?

Thank you!
Old Jul 5, 2021, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
What exactly is the situation?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by garykung
What exactly is the situation?
Sorry I should have added some more context in the initial post. I am looking to travel to Switzerland, stoping over in a Schengen country which allows in visitors from the UK and currently issues Schengen visas to Russian citizens living in the UK. Not sure whether such country exists though?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Christian K
Sorry I should have added some more context in the initial post. I am looking to travel to Switzerland, stoping over in a Schengen country which allows in visitors from the UK and currently issues Schengen visas to Russian citizens living in the UK. Not sure whether such country exists though?
Switzerland? As your destination IS CH, it should be the embassy to issue the visa, anyway
Old Jul 5, 2021, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Christian K
Which country?

IIRC - Schengen visa has a specific rule, either you must apply with the first country you enter the Schengen area or the country you stay the longest (some people have problem with this kind). You can't simply apply for a visa that has no nexus to your trip (For example, a German Schengen visa when you enter from France and go to Switzerland by train).
Old Jul 5, 2021, 11:20 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by garykung
Which country?

IIRC - Schengen visa has a specific rule, either you must apply with the first country you enter the Schengen area or the country you stay the longest.
That’s not correct. You need to apply at the Embassy/Consulate of the country that is your main destination. Only if you don’t have a main destination (for instance your plans are to stay 5 days in France and 5 days in Germany) you need to apply at the Embassy/Consulate of the country where you will arrive in Schengen.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks all.

Switzerland isn’t currently issuing any Schengen visa, so really I am looking for any country that is issuing them at the moment despite Covid. The plan is to then visit that country for as long as required for it to be the main destination of the trip before making my way to Switzerland.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.