Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Transit through France from the UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2021, 2:35 am
Original Poster

With the recent changes for UK arrivals into France, PCR tests seem to be required <48 hours prior to travel and I think previously it was 72?

In any case, I'm going to be transiting CDG for 2 hours connecting through to another flight and having reviewed the following sites, I cannot work out whether transit pax require the PCR test to be taken <48 hours or whether 72 hours is still fine.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements
https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/co...als-in-france/
https://www.garda.com/crisis24/news-...y-31-update-49
https://airfrance.traveldoc.aero/
Old May 31, 2021, 5:06 pm

I was looking at rules for separate ticket transfers. The Paris Aeroport site says the following:

Self-connecting (two booking reference numbers, booked with two separate tickets)

You must fulfil all entry conditions on the French territory and be able to present all relevant documents, in order to collect your luggage and check it in with your next airline.

If you do not meet all requirements to enter the French territory, you will have to remain airside, and contact as soon as possible both airlines to make sure your luggage are rushed onto your next flight (including a possible PCR test, if required by your final destination, as you will not be able to carry your test out during your transfer at Paris Aéroport).
I read this as meaning I need a PCR test ONLY IF I need to claim/recheck baggage.

The site says the following for same ticket transfer:
Your luggage will be transferred automatically by your airline from check-in until final destination.

Your are entitled to remain airside to transfer. Follow the yellow transfer signs indicating your next departure terminal. You must possess and be able to show all necessary travel documents for your entry for your final destination (including a possible PCR test, if required by your final destination, as you will not be able to carry your test out during the transfer at Paris Aéroport).
Old Jun 2, 2021, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xooz
I was looking at rules for separate ticket transfers. The Paris Aeroport site says the following:

Self-connecting (two booking reference numbers, booked with two separate tickets)

You must fulfil all entry conditions on the French territory and be able to present all relevant documents, in order to collect your luggage and check it in with your next airline.

If you do not meet all requirements to enter the French territory, you will have to remain airside, and contact as soon as possible both airlines to make sure your luggage are rushed onto your next flight (including a possible PCR test, if required by your final destination, as you will not be able to carry your test out during your transfer at Paris Aéroport).
I read this as meaning I need a PCR test ONLY IF I need to claim/recheck baggage.

The site says the following for same ticket transfer:
Your luggage will be transferred automatically by your airline from check-in until final destination.

Your are entitled to remain airside to transfer. Follow the yellow transfer signs indicating your next departure terminal. You must possess and be able to show all necessary travel documents for your entry for your final destination (including a possible PCR test, if required by your final destination, as you will not be able to carry your test out during the transfer at Paris Aéroport).
I'm on a single PNR/ticket so luggage should be checked through, so sounds like it shouldn't be an issue. Have rebooked my PCR test to be <48 from boarding my flight in the UK anyway just to play it safe.
xooz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.