Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroflot SVO -> LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2021, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Question Aeroflot SVO -> LHR

Aeroflot website says that the route is not permitted by Russian law, however flight radar and LHR websites both show SU2578 and SU2579 as flying daily.

Any ideas what's going on and how to get booked on the flights?
We're have a relative booked on the BA flight 17 May which will hopefully fly but not sure if this law is real or not given the active flights.

Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
SVO->LHR works fine from here
LHR->SVO no seats for any date, so either they're flying empty or the tickets are not sold to the general public

I don't think anything will change by May 17, but YMMV. It might be helpful if you specified which in direction your relative intends to fly and his/her citizenship/reasons for entry into destination country. E.g. Russian citizens can return from UK to Russia via any 3rd country (but will probably face a 14-day home quarantine upon arrival).
Old Apr 22, 2021, 7:59 am
TSE

Programs: BA, LH, AF, TK
Originally Posted by Temedar
SVO->LHR works fine from here
LHR->SVO no seats for any date, so either they're flying empty or the tickets are not sold to the general public

I don't think anything will change by May 17, but YMMV. It might be helpful if you specified which in direction your relative intends to fly and his/her citizenship/reasons for entry into destination country. E.g. Russian citizens can return from UK to Russia via any 3rd country (but will probably face a 14-day home quarantine upon arrival).
Aeroflot have indeed been flying pax into LHR once or twice daily but returning without any. The current flight ban TO Russia has been extended until June 1st.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Thanks all,

I didn't realise the flight ban was only to Russia, that explains it.
Hopefully my Russian relatives will be able to come and visit us on the 17th May when BA plan to resume their flights and return mid-June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.