Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Latin American flying to Europe

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2021, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Latin American flying to Europe

Hey guys! My El Salvadoran boyfriend will be traveling to Bulgaria soon, a trip which takes 3 connected flights. He'll be staying for a month at most, maybe two--which doesn't require a Visa, only a passport, under Bulgarian law.

I was curious if anyone has made a similar trip from Latin America to an EU country, and what your experiences were concerning checks at the various airports as well as the destination. Were you asked a lot of questions at any of the connecting airports or when you were arriving? We also want to be sure there'll be no risk of his being denied access to any of his connecting flights because he doesn't have a VISA within the European Union. (His connecting flights may well include USA/Amsterdam/Heathrow, depending on the ticket he buys.)

Thanks a bunch!
Old Apr 12, 2021, 6:32 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Non-EU citizens are generally not permitted to enter Bulgaria at the moment. There are some exceptions to this, but El Salvador is not included.

Last edited by the810; Apr 12, 2021 at 6:37 am
Old Apr 12, 2021, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
As with all international travel, he should check TIMATIC. This will provide for him the requirements for entry and transit of each jurisdiction.

The starting point are entry requirements for Bulgaria. If he can't enter Bulgaria, then the rest is not ripe for attention. If he can establish entry, then the routing becomes worth checking. By way of example, on what basis would he enter the US?
Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:18 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
On what basis is he permitted entry to Bulgaria?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.