Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corona restrictions germany

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Corona restrictions germany

I trying to get home from Cuba. The only way I have found is to go through Germany. I need to deplane and spend a night there does anyone know what i might need. Or that it is posible. Flying from Cuba to Dusseldorf then on to DFW
Old Mar 22, 2021, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Need the following information:

Nationality
Residence
Origin
Connections (other than Germany)
Destination

You can look this up in TIMATIC, but happy to help.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
You're flying from Cuba to Dallas by way of Dusseldorf? Seriously?

What is your nationality and permanent residence? I doubt you'll be permitted to enter Germany.

There are many flights from Cuba to surrounding Caribbean islands from where you can fly to the US.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
You're flying from Cuba to Dallas by way of Dusseldorf? Seriously?

What is your nationality and permanent residence? I doubt you'll be permitted to enter Germany.

There are many flights from Cuba to surrounding Caribbean islands from where you can fly to the US.
Actually I think currently many of these are not actually operating, I checked Flightradar24 and looked on various routes from Havana and although some destinations were scheduled, there was very few that were actually flying recently. Among the better candidates, I think CM219 and CM372 to PTY might offer best chances despite that both flights operate only once a week. Sure, Panama is still a detour when traveling from Cuba to USA, but probably still much faster and viable than going via Europe (granted, I didn't check the entry requirements in Panama). Note, I did only look for the operating flights, not on how easily tickets are available and what sort of prices these have.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 5:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hezu
Actually I think currently many of these are not actually operating, I checked Flightradar24 and looked on various routes from Havana and although some destinations were scheduled, there was very few that were actually flying recently. Among the better candidates, I think CM219 and CM372 to PTY might offer best chances despite that both flights operate only once a week. Sure, Panama is still a detour when traveling from Cuba to USA, but probably still much faster and viable than going via Europe (granted, I didn't check the entry requirements in Panama). Note, I did only look for the operating flights, not on how easily tickets are available and what sort of prices these have.
I'll admit that I didn't check the intra-Caribbean flights, but having spent a lot of time in the islands, there is always a way around, you just need to be a bit creative.

The idea of flying via Germany is largely academic, since unless the OP is admissible into Germany on the basis of his citizenship, he'll be denied boarding in Cuba, as HAV-DUS-DFW won't be bookable on a single ticket so the first ticket will have a destination of Germany.
Often1 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 6:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Nationality will matter as well. As a USN, he would be admissible on a nonstop to the US and then an onwards connection or separate ticket as the case may be. If not a USN, then what exemption for US entry?

Last edited by Often1; Mar 22, 2021 at 6:37 pm
Old Mar 23, 2021, 9:31 pm

Miami or connection through Cancun would be far easier, no matter what they cost. (There is flight to Cancun leaving tomorrow.) Prioritize easy entry into the US. Once you are in, domestic flights are operating pretty normally and it will be simple to get to Dallas. As long as you are eligible to enter the USA, easy peasy. You will need to get a covid test 72 hrs before departure. Going through Europe makes no sense.
Yoshi212 likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Travelinangel
Miami or connection through Cancun would be far easier, no matter what they cost. (There is flight to Cancun leaving tomorrow.) Prioritize easy entry into the US. Once you are in, domestic flights are operating pretty normally and it will be simple to get to Dallas. As long as you are eligible to enter the USA, easy peasy. You will need to get a covid test 72 hrs before departure. Going through Europe makes no sense.
There are no flights from Havana to Miami when I am able to find

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Mar 25, 2021 at 4:33 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 25, 2021, 8:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Andy Orsa
You have to search for Havana-Somewhere in the Caribbean-US
Old Mar 25, 2021, 8:56 am
Original Poster

I have done that also and I'm coming up blank Panama Nicaragua Costa Rica Mexico Jamaica Bahamas
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:40 am

Are there any local travel agencies open right now? Otherwise, a trip to the airport might be your best option. There are probably regional flights on smaller airlines, but you would not be booking those on Expedia.

Connecting in Germany would normally be OK, but you would not be allowed to leave the non-Schengen zone in the terminal. I have no idea if you could stay overnight in the terminal in DUS, or if DUS is even allowing non-Schengen to non-Schengen transit. It would be OK for FRA or MUC, but it would be quite unpleasant.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 4:42 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I trying to get home from Cuba. The only way I have found is to go through Germany. I need to deplane and spend a night there does anyone know what i might need. Or that it is posible. Flying from Cuba to Dusseldorf then on to DFW
Originally Posted by downinit
Connecting in Germany would normally be OK, but you would not be allowed to leave the non-Schengen zone in the terminal. I have no idea if you could stay overnight in the terminal in DUS, or if DUS is even allowing non-Schengen to non-Schengen transit. It would be OK for FRA or MUC, but it would be quite unpleasant.
Overnight transit without leaving the airport is not normally possible in DUS.

https://www.germany.info/blob/917514...-list-data.pdf
Old Mar 25, 2021, 6:29 pm
Suspended

Germany is not an option as you would be able to do this on a single ticket, so you need to be admissible to Germany to be allowed to nord. in HAV.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Stating in airport

Yes Yes if I can stay in the airport and everything would be OK with me
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Yes Yes if I can stay in the airport and everything would be OK with me
If you are talking about staying overnight in DUS it is not allowed since DUS is not a 24-hour airport. As far as I know the only airports in Germany which allow overnight transits without leaving airside are FRA and MUC.

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/a...transit/606710
Yoshi212 and MSPeconomist like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.