Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

How I got denied boarding? Belgium own COVID travel restrictions!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How I got denied boarding? Belgium own COVID travel restrictions!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2020, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
That's not correct (or at least illegal). If coming into Belgium by train, bus, or car, you are legally required to fill in the form and email it to the address provided. The form asks for all the places where you have stayed abroad for the past 14 days, and because in the hypothetical case that you describe, this includes a country outside of the 31 Schengen/EEA+ countries, both self-isolation and PCR tests are required. See details on the form below:

https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/FR/D...ocatorForm.PDF

The only exception is if you have been away for less than 48 hours.
There is another exception, I don't have to fill in this form if I stay "for less than 48 hours in Belgium". So, I think (and only think I am pretty careful with Belgium restrictions now) can fly back today from Tirana to Paris and go straight to Belgium from France where I can do a complete weekend trip.

Originally Posted by Epicura
Just to be sure: your regular country of residence is France, correct? You do have a French ID? Or do you have a French passport but your main residence would be outside of France? Not that it makes a huge difference afaik, just asking.
Yes, I am born in France and I have a French ID and a French passport. I still spend more than 6 months in France so I am still a French resident.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:19 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by bonboncl
There is another exception, I don't have to fill in this form if I stay "for less than 48 hours in Belgium". So, I think (and only think I am pretty careful with Belgium restrictions now) can fly back today from Tirana to Paris and go straight to Belgium from France where I can do a complete weekend trip.
That seems to be a big loophole in Belgian restrictions if you can avoid a quarantine just by going somewhere else first (and only stay in Belgium for 48 hours)

I was going to Belgium next week by train for less than 48 hours, but I've been in Geneva a few days ago which is now a red zone for Belgium, so I decided to postpone the trip (though the main reason for postponing it is to avoid quarantining in the UK), but if you are correct then I technically could have gone to Belgium? On the other hand, the Eurostar passport control officers are French so even if they see my recent Schengen exit from GVA they wouldn't enforce Belgian rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.