Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Transiting in the EU for a U.S. Citizen

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2020, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum

Can anyone advise on transiting in the EU for a U.S. citizen to or from a non Schengen country?

Transiting in Germany seems fine as per this link: https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/coronavirus/2317268

Can anyone advise on other countries in the EU such as Poland? I haven't seen any restrictions, but I also can't confirm that it is acceptable.

Perhaps a Wiki would be helpful.

Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I don't think a Wiki would be helpful as there are infinite permutations of your query, and the situation changes constantly.
Rules are different by country, by route, by mode of transport, by place of residence of the US citizen, by their travel history, by their reason for travel, by their family or business links to the EU etc etc.

If you have a specific situation you'd like to know about, I am sure people here will be happy to help.
Often1 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The best "Wiki" is TIMATIC. It has the added advantage of being the database on which air carrier will rely prior to permitting you to board.

The rules may vary by at least 6 variables and routinely change.
ajGoes likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
WAW and FRA

Are there any data points about transiting as a U.S. citizen through WAW and FRA respectively? Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2020, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Are there any data points about transiting as a U.S. citizen through WAW and FRA respectively? Thanks!
Transiting from where to where? Does this US citizen live in the US or somewhere else? Travel restrictions in many European countries are based on residence, not passport. The EU has issued guidance rules, but each country sets the actual restrictions.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:10 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Your best bet is to check with the airline directly. In the case of Poland LOT would have all the relevant information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.