Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

Need to Fly and Cannot Bring Back Covid

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need to Fly and Cannot Bring Back Covid

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
I am sure your father was proud to have such a loving son. My best wishes.
GUWonder, SamirD and ajGoes like this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 8:47 am

My condolences. So sorry that you had to go through this nightmare. Be strong and hold your partner close.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: AA Plt Pro, UA Silver, DL, QF; HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
So sorry, SamirD . I am very glad you guys were able to be with him at the end.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 4:25 pm

I'd kept up with this thread, really sorry to hear about your Dad. My thoughts are with you. X.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 8:23 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Very sad news, SamirD . I'm glad, for your sake, that you did everything you could to protect him. We should all be so lucky to have people in our lives that care so much for our well being.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 3:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
My condolences to you.

Aatma ko sadgati prapt ho.
SamirD and ajGoes like this.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 2:33 pm

I'm so sorry, SamirD . I was so hoping you would get through this with everyone involved intact. My condolences to you and to your family...I can't imagine how hard this must be on you.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Samir I am so sorry for your loss. Tears were coming to my eyes as I read the account of his last moments. This was how my father passed also. We took him off the ventilator so we could all be with him and touch him when he passed. While it is still raw I can assure you that you will look back and the memory that will stick with you will not be the pain, it will be the fact that you and other loved ones were with him, touching him and holding him until the end. Stay strong.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 5:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
cruisr & Samir , condolences to both of you and yours . Do keep safe , strong and well as you grieve - as you must during this difficult season .
Thank you for posting / sharing .
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
SamirD,

I am tremendously sorry for your loss. Your love for your father and family was evident through all your posts. Thank you for sharing your journey with us during this incredibly difficult time. I wish you and your family all the best.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 10:19 pm

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Very sorry for your loss Samir and cruisr.

Take care of yourself and your near and dear ones.
SamirD likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2021, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, AA, United
It was almost exactly 1 year ago that I lost my father to covid.

And on tonight's flight I met someone who's niece was admitted to the exact same hospital for covid with an almost identical timeline as my dad. She also has now been hit with the pneumonia phase and is in the intubated in the icu--just like my dad was. The shocking part is she is only 25 and had no other health conditions. She was not vaccinated.

Vaccination is a personal choice--I fully get that. But don't ignore that the spread is like wildfire and is life threatening. I pray that this young girl makes it through--she only recently got married and her life was just beginning.

Remembering my dad who I miss very much, and also thinking of everyone else out there...please stay safe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.