Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness > Coronavirus and travel
Reload this Page >

EU promises “We will have a summer tourist season” [for travellers from Europe]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EU promises “We will have a summer tourist season” [for travellers from Europe]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:54 am

yes
between 14 till 20 countrys
including marokko tunisia algeria japan montenegro australie canada servie and so on
china on base of reprociteit
every 14 days check if still oke
but i think its a lot but in worldscale meaby not
greetings
cornelis
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I doubt that the EU will admit countries without reciprocity.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:19 am

somebody have to make a start
and before everybody is ready with finetuning everything is solved
greetings
cornelis
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:22 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Owenc likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:36 am

now some minor problems
guarantine
testing
flights
ferrys
in case of marocco
10 july decision of opening borders
till so far 2 pcr test and 9 days guarantine
transavia have till now their first flights 3 augustus from netherlanfs /france to maraks
no ferrys yet between spain/ france to tanger med
so a lot of fine tuning and i presume its the same with a lot of other countrys
so interesting times
with greetings
cornelis
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Any sign of Canada opening to Europe?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Owenc
Any sign of Canada opening to Europe?
Trudeau is meant to be giving a speech tomorrow.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Trudeau is meant to be giving a speech tomorrow.
He's just giving a regular Canada Day speech. I just read Canada will extend their mandatory 14-day quarantine requirement which was expiring today. I doubt he'll let in EU travellers.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 7:55 am

announcement from ministerie of healt in maroc
If evolution pandemie stay the same and minister give permission borders open 11 juli .
they bring back marrocans from several countrys in europe and outside europe since start june
last week accelerate of this program
its a good training of test and guarantine procedures and give a lot of information about covid infections of travellers abroad .
So another step is made
greetings cornelis
Old Jun 30, 2020, 7:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
A terrible signal that they are admitting those countries without any reciprocity.

They should have allowed only the national of countries accepting EU travelers. That's how it should work between developed nations with a friendly relationship.

I hope this friendly move will push countries like Japan/South Korea/Thailand at least to allow us, but it seems very unlikely at this point.

Here is the official statement : https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/p...ird-countries/

It's hard to understand what is the exact policy regarding reciprocity.

"Reciprocity should also be taken into account regularly and on a case-by-case basis."

Let's see if the countries mentioned accept us quickly, and if they don't, if EU revoke this decision.
the810 and ProleOnParole like this.

Last edited by IstKong; Jun 30, 2020 at 8:08 am
Old Jun 30, 2020, 8:06 am

i am certain that there have been a lot of talks like ´
when i say A
you do the same
off course we will do that
greetings
cornelis
Old Jun 30, 2020, 8:50 am

Programs: KL Gold, SQ KF Gold, CX Green
Originally Posted by IstKong
A terrible signal that they are admitting those countries without any reciprocity.

They should have allowed only the national of countries accepting EU travelers. That's how it should work between developed nations with a friendly relationship.

I hope this friendly move will push countries like Japan/South Korea/Thailand at least to allow us, but it seems very unlikely at this point.

Here is the official statement : https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/p...ird-countries/

It's hard to understand what is the exact policy regarding reciprocity.

"Reciprocity should also be taken into account regularly and on a case-by-case basis."

Let's see if the countries mentioned accept us quickly, and if they don't, if EU revoke this decision.
Reciprocity would be nice I guess, but I have no problem with the EU unilaterally opening up to citizens of countries with low infection rates.
Most likely, very few people from those countries will travel to the EU anyway because they will have to quarantine when they travel home after their trip to the EU.

Every country is entitled to their own public health policies and decisions, so I disagree with your point “That's how it should work between developed nations with a friendly relationship.”
vanillabean and ahmetdouas like this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 8:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sjoerd
Reciprocity would be nice I guess, but I have no problem with the EU unilaterally opening up to citizens of countries with low infection rates.
Most likely, very few people from those countries will travel to the EU anyway because they will have to quarantine when they travel home after their trip to the EU.

Every country is entitled to their own public health policies and decisions, so I disagree with your point “That's how it should work between developed nations with a friendly relationship.”
Yeah. As a Canadian, I don't see a lot of us suddenly jetting off to Europe with our quarantine requirement upon our return and lack of travel insurance.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 9:26 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Sjoerd

I don't see the U.S. turning the infection rates around any time soon. The intrafrastructure, the mentality, the administration aren't there. Which is probably why the U.S. focuses on reciprocity rather than infection rates.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The NYT report that:

"Travelers’ country of residence, not their nationality, will be the determining factor for their ability to travel to countries in the European Union, officials said, and while the policy will not be legally binding, all 27 member nations will be under pressure to comply."

What does it mean, EU citizens won't be allowed in if they live abroad? W T F?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.